• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many litter trays?

podlet

Warren Scout
Hi all!

We will be collecting our soon to be rehomed bun, Poppy, this weekend.. (two more sleeps!!!... but not that I am counting mind you..;) )

For the first couple of days, she will be in a Bevbunny's spare hutch (thanks Bev!) alongside Mr Binks, complete with her own littertray, water bottle, toys and hay rack...

Just wondering though, when they move into their new joint dog crate chateau, will there need to be 2 litter trays in the cage or just 1? Do most buns share their litter trays?

I know it probably depends on how many corners they decide to poo in as to how many litter trays to get, but was just wondering if some buns share?

Mr Binks tends to sit all his loo looking all ponderous and nibbling on a nearby spring green, and wondering if Poppy would need her own?

Any ideas welcome!

podlet, x

My 2 pairs have 2 in each run - but thats cos they usually sleep in one more than the other - they tend to use just one for a loo mostly :)

hi

my 4 girls have 3 trays (huge ones that they all fit in together) and when I had the pair of boys they had 2 - trays aren't just for pooping - the girls use them to diffuse fights - if there's chasing going on then one jumps in a tray the fight stops there.

My two share!!!
However Archie has now developed a habit of picking it up, moving it and then pooing where it should be :roll:

Holly has 2 litter boxes, and the nethies (all 4 of them) share to large boxes that they can fit in together. I think it just depends on how tolerable they are of eachother. It can help with bonding because litter boxes are kind of neutral spots in the warzone!

Bobby and Ruby have two, but tbey mainly share one of them as a litter tray, and Bobby likes to sit in the other and munch hay!

Charlie and Lavender have one biggish cat sized litter tray in their cage, and then a HUGE (bottom of an old ferplast type cage) as their litter tray in the lounge. I clean the one in the dog crate out every day.

Lee, you really must come over and visit. :thumb:

Back