• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Miss Lavender. The Dark Side

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
This is the gorgeous Miss Lavender we all know and love...

sweetandinnocent.jpg

However this is Miss Lavender's DARK SIDE

SEEK & DESTROY!!!

[/img]
SeekandDestroy.jpg

Poor little rab, her mother is nuts!
OK so I have edited her photo to make her look more evil, but she can be quite a dominating little bun!

Actually a question which perhaps does involve Lavender's dark side...

Rabs are now free in the spare bedroom. When I go into the room there's much excitement probably because they associate me with food.

All three run round my feet and legs, it's quite difficult to walk. Lavender will have a little nip at my feet or ankles when she gets the chance or will pull on my trouser leg. Now one of the baby's along with nudging has started occassionally trying to have a little nibble.

I don't pick them up and only a quick stroke is permitted as they don't like it. They hadn't really been handled prior to me adopting them. I didn't want to force it on them so Iv'e left it that way. They come up to my face for pretend ksses when I am on their level and they will run to me or follow me about so I don't think they are scared of me.

Lavender goes wild for food and I know she's not starving as they get plenty to eat and hay is always available.

All have been castrated/spayed.

Rabswood

hi

eeek :shock:

Yes I get the whirling feeding frenzy of bunnies too - if one of them nipped me I would stamp my foot and leave the room without feeding them - Maa nipped my leg once - boy does it hurt! I stamped my foot and turned away from her and she never did it again - Thankfully none of the girls have yet either - none of them are spayed - I don't handle them at all, except for Maa who's now in my bedroom after having her eye removed (kicked in the feeding scrum I believe :? ) She's a really affectionate sweetie now her life is calmer :)

Re: hi

elve said:
eeek :shock:

Yes I get the whirling feeding frenzy of bunnies too - if one of them nipped me I would stamp my foot and leave the room without feeding them - Maa nipped my leg once - boy does it hurt! I stamped my foot and turned away from her and she never did it again - Thankfully none of the girls have yet either - none of them are spayed - I don't handle them at all, except for Maa who's now in my bedroom after having her eye removed (kicked in the feeding scrum I believe :? ) She's a really affectionate sweetie now her life is calmer :)

They have just been little nips so far so not really painful, but I have to keep my eye on her. Couldn't do the stamping thing as 3 rabs running frantically over and around my feet. Will keep it in mind though.
Thanks for the suggestion elve.

Rabswood

Lavender is really lovely :)

When I scrolled down to the second picture it made me gasp!!! It reminds me of the Black Rabbit of Inley in Watership down!!!! SCARY!!

Very good picture :lol:

Back