• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

How can you tell.................

if a rabbit is pregnant. I brought home a rabbit from work that we recieved on delivery. I thought she had a bloated belly as her belly was big and she was just laying a round looked really lafargic (I know that spelt wrong) :lol: Well her belly hasent gone down at all and I have had her over a week now. She is eating and everything pretty much normal apart from the fact that she is just laying a round doing nothing and her belly is big but not hard quite soft actually. I can also feel a lump definatly in one side of her belly and I think there is one in the other side. But she is only a baby herself. Bout 20 weeks Id say as she was due to be sold in a pet shop. So does anyone know if these are the signs of a preg rabbit and is she old enough?

Sorry about the rambling

Your meant to be able to feel the babies in the later weeks! I guess they could be lumps :shock:

I don't think there is any way to be certain other than an ultrasound of when you find a nest full of babies :)

Tam

Its hard to tell with most rabbits as they dont normaly get that big. You will be unlucky if this doe is as 5 months is very young, unless its a dutch :lol: . I would just take care if you pick her up in case she is. You will know soon enough, ifs shes that big she carnt have long to go. val

A good vet should be able to palpate her uterus and detect any foetuses from about day 10 of a 31-32 day gestation. :D Hope the poor baby isn't pregnant, she's not fully grown herself. :cry: Sounds as if a vet check would be a good idea anyway :? as bun is so lethargic. Just cos she's eating doesn't mean she may not be poorly...... :cry: Jane and Bunsxx

Back