• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timothy Hay

Soofsoof

Young Bun
Just bought 2kg packs of timmy hay and lugged it back to Spain... and my buns dont like it any more than the regular meadow hay :(

Awww Soofsoof, will they eat it though? Even if they don't like it more, I think it's better for their teeth because it is thicker and makes them grind them more whilst eating it...I think... :shock:

No, they wont eat the timothy or normal hay at all! I've put some tim hay by their food and in their litter tray.

My sister has a fussy anti-hay bunny, and I told her about it, and he loves it! Maybe they'll give it a little nibble later!

Sue

It took mine a couple of days to get used to it and 'tuck in'..... now she seems to love it and sits in her tray munching away...

The vet told me that she would eat it if she was hungry enough, and its certainly true. If she thinks that there is something 'nicer' on offer then she'll ignore it. Also, she loves dried grass, so I chopped up bits of timothy hay to similar sized pieces as the dried grass and mixed them together for a couple of days. Now I don't need to do that and she just eats it from her hay rack.

Back