• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello, guilty new person from Hereford

Hello :wave:

I thought I'd pop on and introduce myself to these forums. I am Sarah (34 as of yesterday :roll: ) and we live in Hereford.

I wish I'd found this forum 2 weeks ago. We decided we'd allow our 9yr old to get a rabbit, after he'd asked for about 4 years :lol: . He is responsible and cares for his cat, so knew the time was right.

The usual pet shops had rabbits for £25, so we contacted the RSPCA. Would much prefer to give to those than some pet shop. However, in Hereford there was only one bunny, who although sounded gorgeous, we decided wasn't right for our family due to her loving being indoors. I think our cat and toddler wouldn't really have made her life very fair! So we were told the RSPCA had nothing else. We contacted the RSPCA in Shropshire (our next county) and were told they only rehome in pairs... and at the time we only had a small hutch.

So eventually we have got bunnies from the paper. I know I know, I can hear you all groan. I had called vets, and noone knew where we could get rescue buns from :( Then I stumbled on this forum, and now feel incredibly guilty. We got 2 bunnies as we'd been offered a new hutch and decided in this cold weather they'd probably be happier.

So that's how I landed here. The bunnies we have are adorable. They are around 10 weeks old, and are sisters. They are lionheads. One is white, she is called Bramble, and the other is sandy with a white nose, she's called Scamper. I'll try and attach pictures if I can.

Please no-one hate me - I really wanted rescue buns and am miffed at the lack of help I got :x but that's in the past - all I want to do is care for these bunnies properly now :)

Sarah & crew

PS How do I attach photos?[/img]

Hi Sarah,

I am also quite new here, my bunny died so I am in the process of getting some rescue buns. I'm sure no one will hate you! All the people on here are really nice and helpful.

If you want to attach pics, go to the Forum Index and click on the Forum Information topic and there is a tutorial on there on how to insert pics.

Hope to be seeing pics of your bunnies soon :D

Lynda

Hello and Welcome :wave:

i also didnt rescue my buns they were from petshops but that was before i knew it was better to rescue and if id ever get another rabbit it would deffinatly come from a rescue :D

and nobody will hate you everyone is really helpfull on here

I did the same thing before I found this site - but as you say, the main thing now is that your buns are well cared for and you will find endless info on here if you need it :D

Here *should* be some pictures of our little buns.....

19thNov05018.jpg

19thNov05017.jpg

Hope it works! :)

Hello and Welcome :wave: your bunnies are :love:

I wanted rescue buns as well before finding this site and ended up getting my 2 from a breeder. I felt very bad but now I've got a rescue piggy and found my mum and dad a rescue dog :D So don't feel bad your not the only one who hasn't rescued their bunnies :wink:

Aww, they're lovely :D Welcome to the forum. Alot of people here started out the same way - with bunnies from petshops or similar. You tried though and you'll know now if someone asks. You could always print out a list of rescues near you and take it to the vets when you take them for their vaccinations. Then anyone else looking will hopefully have more luck. If you can't fit a rescue bun in helping others rehome them is the next best thing ;)

Tam

hello and welcome. There is no need for you to feel guilty, they are gorgeous and you have given them a good home. :)
Hello to the rest of your family too :)

Hello and welcome, neither of mine were rescue buns, but they weren't from breeders either. Both mine were from people who had had accidental litters so in a way I was rescuing them!!

Welcome :wave:

Awwwww :love: :love: They are so adorable!! And dont worry, I got my first two from petshops also, but then I discovered this forum and my third was a rescue bun! Good luck with the cuties and most pictures are always welcome :roll: :lol: :lol:

xxxx

Back