• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grumpy Bunny..

*Red*

Mama Doe
Hi there,

Okay, so he's been indoors since last night and has been fine.. until tonight.
The cage door is open and has been for over an hour. But he's not come out and seems to be really sulking :(

He's eating fine and that, my mum's now saying maybe he preferred it outside! But it's so cold here and expected to hit -5 later this week! :shock:

He's never been outside during the winter before, first year his hutch came into the lounge as he was a baby, and last year he was in the shed so out of the elements. Which is why I wanted to bring him in to save greeting a frozen bunny one morning! :( I'd have put him in the shed but we our having our garden done atm so there's no place for him.

Any ideas? Do you think he really might not be happy indoors now after all the palarva of getting him indoors?! :roll: :( :(

Seems I'm not doing very well at keeping him happy!!

Sarah xx

Hiya,

It's a brand new environment so it will take him a little while to settle in :) What was he like when you first got him outside - did he take a little while to get brave and explore?

As long as he's eating then I'm sure he'll be fine and perk up soon.

Bunnies do have the occational sulk when you change things. Sort of a "I'd just got every decorated just right and then I go and move house" type thing :lol:

Best wishes,
Tamsin

See that's the thing Tam, even when he lived outside, he'd come indoors all the time so he knows my room like the back of his hand!
He usually makes straight for under my bed and I can't get him out!

Got my dad moaning now about "that bloody rabbit shouldn't be indoors" and "now you're taking more notice of him and not the dog" (who's also mine)
Grrr!! Men ey, never satisfied! A couple of weeks ago it was "you should be taking more notice of that rabbit out there" :roll:

I think it's a dad thing, I've got one just the same :lol:

I can't think of anything really other than just give it time. You could try adding some 'bolt holes' rabbits like to know they have cover in case of emergency. So a box in his cage and a couple near the entrance outside might make him a little braver.

Well it's the second night now he's just sitting in his cage and refusing to come out! :(

He's eating, using his litter tray and shredding the paper to peices.. but refusing to come out.

I don't know why he seems so unhappy!

What time of day are you opening up the cage? Maybe try late evening or early morning - that's when rabbits are most active. He doesn't sound unhappy really just a little shy.

Tam

OOOOOoOooo night of progress!!! :D :D :D :D

I open the cage Tam as soon as I get in from work really which is about 6.30pm -7pm..

Got in tonight and my mum and I pretty much stripped the box room of **** that's gathered in there over the months! Threw out FIVE dustin bags full and loads of stuff is going to the charity shop tomorrow.

His cage is in there, boxes in each corner for him to hide in, paper and toilet rolls strewn over the floor (it's wooden).. and he's bouncing about like a nutter!! :D

AND when I went in there to fix his water bottle on properly, he actually came up to me which he's not done in ages!

Me and Bramble happy bunnies SO FAR! :p

Dad's not overly impressed.. but hey! :lol:

Brilliant!!! I'm glad he's obviously enjoying himself now :D I'm sure with spending the evenings with your he'll bond even closer - he'll soon be greating you are the door and demanding nose rubs ;)

Tam

That is lovely!!

See what a good bit of 4foot housework ca do to a Bunny's morale!
After all he had his home decorated well so......

thats fantastic news! what a lucky little guy. great to hear that he is enjoying his new pad so much.

Back