• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Problem with house bunnies.

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
I am currently living with fourteen house bunnies I brought them all in last week as the weather was awfully cold and I was going to put them back outside once it was milder, they're all spit in different rooms of my house so they have the run of each room. I've noticed they've all have become very fond of the radiators with the exception of none and when I got in last night noticed each and everyone of them was under a radiator somewhere or another. Now they they've obviously acclimatised to the heat of the house, should I be keeping them all in until the spring. I don't want to put them outside if they are going to freeze.

Thanks in advance.

Tree,they prob would of been ok to stay outside,as there coats have had time to adjust,alfie my outdoor bunny hates being indoors its far to warm for him,i give him a snuggle safe and cover his hutch over night and he is warm as toast in the morning :)

They would be alright Outside tree but wait until this cold snap ends, if it doesn't then i would keep them in until in warms up a tad X

:lol: :lol: :lol: think I would turn your heating right down, as Marie has said, their winter coats are/would have come through so you will need to watch the house temperature :wink:

tree are your crazy :shock: 14 house rabbits :shock: i love rabbits :love: :love: as much as i love my kids but for god sake 14 in the house, no one has 14 kids in the house do they!

all bar two of my rabbits live outside whatever the weather is it could be minus twenty and they still arent comin in i dont have the room

the point i am trying to make is they are fine outside as long as there are no drafts, i have been feeding at 10 pm at night when my hands have need defrosting but they ears are nice and warm!

one day you will post to say they have your bed and you have moved into a hutch! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awww thanks for the help guys, I'll turn the heating down. We're due to have a bit of snow the weekend so I'll keep them in until that's gone. I thought they'd find the house too hot, but they seem to love the heat.

bunnylove said:
tree are your crazy :shock: 14 house rabbits :shock: i love rabbits :love: :love: as much as i love my kids but for god sake 14 in the house, no one has 14 kids in the house do they!

all bar two of my rabbits live outside whatever the weather is it could be minus twenty and they still arent comin in i dont have the room

the point i am trying to make is they are fine outside as long as there are no drafts, i have been feeding at 10 pm at night when my hands have need defrosting but they ears are nice and warm!

one day you will post to say they have your bed and you have moved into a hutch! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Buster does sleep with me, I can't have the hutches, because the neighbourhood cats move into them :lol:

Back