• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tree logs for chewing?

gil

Mama Doe
Hi, managed to get some tree logs and was going to put them out for the bunnies. not sure what tree it is so not too sure if it will be ok for them to chew on! anyone any ideas?
Thanks!

Hiya. :D Most fruit tree branches are ok BUT where did your wood come from?? :? .....Can you be sure it has not been treated with pesticides?? :? Was the tree felled due to a fungal disease...?? :? To identify the species of the tree you could take a sample of it to a large garden centre. The 'more senior in years' staff often have a vast knowledge about tree types. :D But unless you can be sure the tree was chemical/disease free I would err on the side of caution. You can buy Willow toys for buns now. A small bundle of willow sticks costs about £1.99 and a small willow basket costs the same. You can open up the willow stick bundle and only give bun a couple of sticks at a time. Each bundle contains about 20 sticks so will last some time. Jane and Bunsxx

Hi
thanks for that advice. I don't know why the tree was felled-it was one of the trees at the back of my workplace so not sure why? i can contact the parks department as they may know, meantime i will keep the buns away from it until i know for sure. it definitely wasn't a fruit tree and it was amongst a bunch of other trees so i don't know if it was sort of overcrowding or felled due to a complaint from one of the neighbouring gardens!

Back