• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding- plus photos of the toothless trio!

Karly

Banned
Decided to bite the bullet and see if Nina and Joey would take to each other..so outside into the cold, set up their run and sat outside with a book to keep an eye on them.
Hour or so later, and a fur covered garden after the initial chasing and fur-pulling, they were quite content ignoring each other.
I had to come inside to do some stuff so pinched the indoor run off the front of the trio's cage, set it up and popped them in, along with some fresh veg. They refused to share so took it in turns to sit at the bowls eating, while the other sat in the litter tray sulking :roll: But ignoring is good, at least they weren't at each other's throats. Thoroughly scrubbed down Nina's crate, used Simple Solution odour remover too to get rid of her scent on the bars, and took her Vetbed out and put newspaper down for now. I'd used a new litter tray in the run for them so popped this in there as well as a few of each of their toys, set the run up on the front of it and popped them in.
I'm probably going to leave them together overnight as things seem to be going well - my bed is right above their run (it's a loft bed, raised 7' off the ground incase you're wondering why I have a run under my bed!) so I'll hear any scrapping and can seperate them immediately (seem to have an inbuilt emergency censor in my sleep - I wake up randomly when the animals are in trouble, do it when I'm awake too, have a weird feeling that I need to check on them and have done it several times when an animal has just passed away or is ill)
Here's the photos, anyway!
bonding.jpg

bonding2.jpg

P1010195.jpg

P1010196.jpg

P1010199.jpg

Joey relaxing after an exciting day
P1010209.jpg

I'm also trying to littertrain my trio of boys as I'm fed up of them weeing on my carpet! Two of them were perfect when they were on their own, but now they're in together they're useless! One of the problems is that they love each other so much, they all squeeze into the littertray and sleep in it, so no room for peeing! I figured that after all this they may have learnt to wee on newspaper rather than hay and shavings, so I've put in a blanket kind of thing (designed for animals, has a waterproof backing and is washable) down instead of newspapers, and put in an extra litter tray with newspaper in it, in the spot they wee the most in. Fingers crossed it'll work..means that if they get along I'll have to invest in another run to keep them in, or try to bond all 5 together! Very tempted to try this but not sure if my nerves could stand it!

Here's the 'let's all squish into the littertray and use it as a bed' idea put into practice (and who said males can't get along? :p )
triocuddle.jpg

Pigging in..
P1010204.jpg

I love the look on Rex's face here
P1010206.jpg

Then he got really lazy and sprawled out for a veggy feast!
P1010211.jpg

Great pics - well done - I tried the other week but I think ill wait till the spring so i can sort out some neutral ground for them :roll:

They're lovely! I love the piccie of them all snuggled into the litter tray!

Back