• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HOPE NOT EATING

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
Oh no just when we thought we d passed danger point Hope has stopped eating . noticed she didnt look her usual lively self last night . then this morning she hadnt eaten much of her food . shes been very quiet all day and has only eaten a bit of carrot all day.. hasnt drunk either .

i ve just had to syringe some soaked pellets and avipro down her and if shes still not eating in morning she ll have to go to vets .

i m so fed up she was doing so well . had put on 1 kg in the 4 weeks shes been with us too.

So thats hope not eating , rolo with an abssess and jaffa been in for a dental , and thats just in the last 7 days . just added up and in the last month we ve been to the vets 9 times not including neutereing and vaccs . :shock:

hi

oh poor Hope :( Has she been wormed? (Worms can mimic stasis)

When Zinneia went like this the other day I mixed a crushed raspberry rennie rapize with an asprin, some probiotic and a crushed bromelain tablet, in 100ml water - she loved the raspberry taste, had a few ml and after an hour really perked up - I think the sugar in it helped her too - Good luck with Hope and keep us posted :)

Oh no! Come on Hope, we all think you're wonderful! Start eating properly again please. Sending lots of snuggles

thank goodness hope seems much brighter this morning . shes eating abit by herself although not nearly as much as usual so i ll hold off the syringing from now. most importantly shes drinking normaly today , yesterday she wouldnt drink at all.

elve ,
no she hasnt been wormed but she will be at end of this week just to make sure.

Angie

Glad she is feeling better. Its such a nice sight when they start eating their hay.

Have you tried those rescue sachets you can get from the vet which you syringe? When you make them up they resemble a green mess.

Keep us posted x

(... and more pictures when you get a mo in between vet visits (!!) pleeeeeeeeeease :D )

well ...just like to say whatever the problem ...its gone.
Hope is at this moment running madly around my bedroom and jumping on and off my bed :shock: . definatly eating...my carpet :shock: :shock: :shock: , my BED :shock: :shock: , my slippers, my FEET :roll: ..need i say more .
little madam scaring me like that.

Angie :D

Back