• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shouldn't have, but have

JIMGRACIE

Mama Doe
I wrote yesterday (on the rabbit care discussion forum) about a bunny that had been dumped at my managers shop. Well, now i can give you all the details as he is now offically my new bunny!!

Okay. Hes a black lop, bout the size of Bindi. My manager was given him about a year ago. He was only a baby then. She had been trying to sell him in her shop but everyone was put off because he is black, and because he has an eye problem.

She always gets people bringing in animals they no longer want. So when she said she was bringing a rabbit back to the kennels because he wasn't selling i thought he had only just been brought in. My manager said that the girls that work at her shop were fond of him because he was so chilled. And loved jumping around the shop!!

Well, as i said i was going to clean his eyes up...and i thought i would have a struggle on my hands, but he actually loves the attention. Hes the complete opposite to Bindi. Hes a cuddle bunny, and Bindis a naughty bounce around bunny!!

Heres a couple of pics of my boy. They aren't great as they were taken just as he was going in his new home. He looks grumpy but really hes happy to have somewhere to call home.

PB190226.jpg

PB190220.jpg

Oh, by the way. He doesn't have a name yet.

Gracie and animals x

Yaya!!!! :thumb: New bun! :D

Aww, I hope he settles in really well and you have many hoppy years together! :wink:

Oh forgot to say. My new bunny will be off to the vets probably Tuesday. If i can get him an appointment. He'll have a full check over injections, and as soon as possible, castration.

You never know Bindi and "new bun" might become friends one day.

Gracie and animals x

Don't think "new bun" could hear me. Hes way down stairs tucked up in bed.

The 'C' Word is not my first concern. I want to make sure hes ok everywhere else first. Bindi will have to put up with her new friend being her neighbour for a while, me thinks.

Gracie and animals x

Awwww - well done - he's really cute - you should give him a Christmassy type of name. We have a Tiny-Tim, a Kracker and we had Mr Jingles. Try something like that - give him a snuggle from me :D

I don't know why black bunnies are left behind. They're just gorgeous. Mind you, I think all bunnies are gorgeous :oops: :D

Oohhhhh lovely bunny! My Sooty is totally black, can't understand why people don't like them :?

You could call him Santa :lol: :lol:

Kate

He's gorgeous, well done for taking him in.

You could name him after one of the reindeers - Rudolph, Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Donder, Blitzen, Cupid and Comet.

I could only remember Rudolph and Blitzen, so jus thad to look them up on the internet - I didn't realise one was called Donder - what an odd name!

We have named him Maya. My fella picked it. Its from a book hes reading. Maya is the god of night and day, or something similar. Well, i thought it was unusual and kinda cute.

Maya is off to the vets tomorrow for a check up and if all ok his first injection.

Will take more pics really soon. I have to make room on my cameras memory.

Gracie and animals x

Back