• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carrier covers?

Ryo_the_rat

Warren Scout
i was wondering if anyone knows where i could get something to cover a carrier? i have a ferplast atlas carrier and it has a metal door on the top so that if i were to take Gabriel to the vets and it was raining, at the moment the poor fella would get soaked! i manage to wrap newspaper around the front door of the carrier to stop hay and things spilling out (as i have to take him on a train to the vets) but would prefer to get some sort of water proof cover? does aanyone know if such a thing exists?

To be honest I'd buy a cat carrier. Most of these are waterproof and rabbits often feel safer in a smaller area when travelling. I put newspaper in my rabbits box and fill it with hay and he has happily done a two hour journey in his. He just sleeps! You can buy them relatively cheaply.

I think a ferplast atlas carrier is a cat carrier - isn't it the one with a metal front door as well as a top one? Fantastic invention - so easy to get fractious cats out of!!!

Oh sorry I didn't realise! How about buying a cheap waterproof jacket and using it to cover the cage. You can pick them up quite cheaply. I was wandering how you would fit an indoor cage on a train!

I have often wondered about covers - I have to walk to the vets along a busy road. I cover it with a towel but might try to get a waterproof childrens poncho type thing!!

Could you just put it in a black bin liner, put a few holes around the side for the air to get in. He would probably feel safe that way too.

Whenever I take my rabs or my cats to the vets they are in the pet carrier in the car covered by a thick towel so they can't see lots of things whizzing by.

Rabswood

You could get some flexible plastic sheeting stuff and make your own? Just cut a hole for the handle, and have bits that hang down over the sides and front? Could tape the edges to make it a 'solid' square shaped cover that you just slip over the top?

hi

Aha!!! Now I know what to do with the offcuts from the PVC shower curtain that I made into a cover for the front of the hutch! :D :D

I just knew they looked too useful to chuck...

Hi, I would be happy to make one for you if you let me know the measurements and where the hole needs to be for the handle. I design kitchen appliance covers and would be happy to design one and make it for you, you would just have to pay for shipping from the US and material. The material would only be a couple of dollars. Anyhow just a suggestion. I could also make it in a flannel backed vinyl if you want something that looks a little nicer. I have several flannel backed vinyl materials in stock. If you go to my website www.customappliancecovers.com there is a page that shows the material I have in stock. I hope that made sense. Please feel free to email me at chrissylouwho79@hotmail.com if you have any questions or want to take me up on the offer.
Christine

Back