• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've reached a decision...

Veronica

Mama Doe
Ok....it's taken me a while, but with all this frost and cold, I've reached a decision on Zeubin.

Zeubin is a rare blue eyed white netherland dwarf, that I waited two years to get from a well known breeder, as being a HUGE netherland dwarf fan, I'd fallen in love with the BEWs for years.

He's show quality, and a beautiful example of the breed, which is why I never neutered him. I intended to continue with his show career (and for this he has to be all 'intact' so to speak :p :lol: ).

However, I've never got around to getting him to a show, which is a real shame, as he's a cracking example of the breed.

I've made the decision to neuter him now and pair him up with a gf 8)
so next winter he has a lovely cuddly girly to snuggle up to and keep warm :wink: :lol:
So his show career will be coming to an end, and my little Zeubin will become a lovely family man instead :p

Some pics....

v2.jpg

v4.jpg

v1.jpg

I love this one....snug in amongst the hay, you can hardly see him! :D
v6.jpg

hi

Aww what a beauty - my little nethie Tia's thinking about starting a family too - not a chance!

broody.jpg

She's from a rescue and I am now a huge nethie fan too - what I love is when you stroke them, their stiff little ears pop back up after your hand has gone over them :lol:

LOL! I know, he's got the op to look forward to, poor lad :( :p It'll be worth it :)

I have thought about booking him in for it in late Feb, March time, when the weather warms up. Don't want to rush him in for an op while its so cold.
However, I suppose I could keep him inside while he recovers? He is quite a home rabbit though and feels safer in his own house.... ooooo not another decision!!!

Anyway, either way, in spring I will be looking for a lovely pretty girl for him! :D

You only have to keep him in over night for one night after the op. Boys recover so much quicker than the girls. He'll love having a girlfriend, he'll soon forget his bits are missing :shock: :lol:

hi

The advantage of neutering in winter is you won't have to worry about flies getting at the wound either :wink:

I got my guinea pig neutered recently and the main problem was he stopped drinking when the painkillers wore off - they do need a couple of days nursing and spoiling with fav foods, then they are usually fine - vets insist they stay in overnight if you can't keep them indoors though, as they need to be kept very warm after an op so that shock doesn't set in.

aawww he's a beauty.. ive always loved zeubin :D Will have to help find u another stunner to be his bride :wink:

Back