• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thanks Janice!!!!- New piggie!

sophiemarmion

Alpha Buck
as some of you may know, we lost one of our piggies loey, 3 weeks ago. so our 4 year old pig robbie was living on his own, but he got his new friend yesterday, and him and robbie are getting on like a house on fire, the little guy keeps following robbie around everywhere.

just wanted to say thank you janice for letting us have him, he is very cute, and has settled in well, he loves the tubes in his cage! :D

still undecided about the name though!

here are some piccies of robbie and the little one...

PiggiePics005.jpg

PiggiePics010.jpg

PiggiePics008.jpg

PiggiePics007.jpg

PiggiePics006.jpg

thank you :D

sophie

Awwwwwwwww Bless!! Well, Robbie...Hmmm... :? name for li'l one...?? :? :? ...Williams!!...... :shock: :D Coltrane!!..... :shock: :D or maybe Mr Piggles...... :D Sir Snowdrop.... :roll: :roll: ....I love thinking up names :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: Jane and Buns xx

hi

Thanks Sophie :D

The guinea pig saga resulted in 21 piggies Jane (it's all on stories and photos somewhere) - I only managed to rehome one - not through lack of offers, I just couldn't bear to part with any more of them, and didn't want to rehome babies or pregnant ones...a decision I may regret as I'm totally worn out trying to keep up with the cleaning :lol:

To think I had no pets in March...what did I do with my time? :roll:

i didnt realise you were keeping them all! at least they all have a lovely forever home with you, and they arent being used for breeding anymore.

sophie

hi

Yes I really fell in love with piggies (didn't like them before that - thought they were pointless :shock: :oops: ) As soon as I thought about rehoming, the difficulties of it became apparent - I didn't want children adopting them, as their lives are changing too fast for a stable home - I didn't want anyone adopting babies, incase it was just a cute fad - I didn't want anyone adopting pregnant girls as I would worry about the babies finding homes, and all the girls were either pregnant or nursing, bar 2 of them...Then there was the difficulty of vetting people, and the even bigger difficulty of telling someone I didn't think they were suitable :oops:

Tracy at Rugby kindly offered to take them for me, but I dithered over who I could part with, and worried about them all having to be neutered...Happybunny (Rachel) got in quick in the first week and managed to get Charlotte - who now has a lovely home with her own best friend Sophie :D

The rest...is history - I know I should rehome some of them, but while I can manage, I manage - A lot more cleaning than rabbits though, and tea time is totally MAD!!! :lol:

sophiemarmion said:
the squeeking is very loud is when we only have 2, god knows what is like when you have 21! :shock: :lol:

sophie

Ditto to that!!! These 2 live indoors :D and make a right racket! :lol:

DSCF0161.jpg

i do love the way they are so chatty though! :D the little one is so funny when he runs round squeeking as he is so tiny and makes such a loud noise!

sophie

Its lovely to see a big male with his baby friend :D
I have two pairs atm, and they are so sweet together 8) I must get some pics of them before the little ones aren't little anymore.

Back