• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Let Nature BE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

Banned
After reading about all this fox hunting and foxes killing animals all I can say is that nature will do its own thing. It upsets me how some people have spoken here. The only over populated creature on this planet is US (or so it feels like). Would it be right in saying that these murderers killing people are just keeping the population down? It makes me sick. Foxes are beautiful animals that are a part of nature; rabbits are beautiful animals that are apart of nature….hunters (imo) are just murderers. Has anyone thought that its not foxes that are overpopulating but US. We are building on all this land because so many new people are coming here. Compared to us foxes only have short lives and probably die off from illnesses - that’s nature’s way of clearing the sick and old, not having dogs rip them up. I think it’s absolutely crazy to say the fox population is getting bigger and therefore should be gunned down. :evil:

foxes.jpg

I mean how could anyone.

they are beautiful animals and everyone has their different opinions of them. I don't think they need to be killed off, just some kind of control.

By the way Toby - where abouts are you in Surbiton as i live there too near the station off the high street!!

Alfie kennedy said:
they are beautiful animals and everyone has their different opinions of them. I don't think they need to be killed off, just some kind of control.

By the way Toby - where abouts are you in Surbiton as i live there too near the station off the high street!!

Really? I am near Berrylands area (near where the rising sun was). You about 10 mins away from me tee hee. :D

Im the other end near the Saucy kettle!!

Small world...good to know some other bunny lovers in the area!!

I don't have a problem with fox's my end, maybe its because im near such a busy road...??!!

:( :( :( Sorry cant comment here. Just keep seeing the carnage IN MY HOUSE when Fox came in through kitchen window and slaughtered my House-Rabbit Ronan. NO to Fox Hunting...Humane control....ESSENTIAL....Sorry, emotive subject for me....... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Jane and Buns xx

I know this might sound like im such a hypocrite and im not meaning to start a huge vicious debate again but i figured that someone is going going to go out and shoot the foxes anyway so it doesn't really make a difference if we hunt them or not.

Whether you think that the fox will suffer for longer etc. is another matter. But at the end of the day they will probably get killed some way whether it is by hunting or not.

Blossom_Flora said:
I know this might sound like im such a hypocrite and im not meaning to start a huge vicious debate again but i figured that someone is going going to go out and shoot the foxes anyway so it doesn't really make a difference if we hunt them or not.

Whether you think that the fox will suffer for longer etc. is another matter. But at the end of the day they will probably get killed some way whether it is by hunting or not.

Humans will die one way or another too, through natural courses or accidents such as car crashes, natural disasters, etc. Does that mean murder should be legal too?

Karly said:
Blossom_Flora said:

Humans will die one way or another too, through natural courses or accidents such as car crashes, natural disasters, etc. Does that mean murder should be legal too?

EXACTLY!!!

Fox-hunting has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with population control - it's all about the "fun" of the chase and kill. Not much fun for the foxes.

Incidentally, many horses and hounds get injured during the hunts.

It's all very primitive and blood-thirsty...

Jenny

Toby said:
After reading about all this fox hunting and foxes killing animals all I can say is that nature will do its own thing. It upsets me how some people have spoken here. The only over populated creature on this planet is US (or so it feels like). Would it be right in saying that these murderers killing people are just keeping the population down? It makes me sick. Foxes are beautiful animals that are a part of nature; rabbits are beautiful animals that are apart of nature….hunters (imo) are just murderers. Has anyone thought that its not foxes that are overpopulating but US. We are building on all this land because so many new people are coming here. Compared to us foxes only have short lives and probably die off from illnesses - that’s nature’s way of clearing the sick and old, not having dogs rip them up. I think it’s absolutely crazy to say the fox population is getting bigger and therefore should be gunned down. :evil:

foxes.jpg

I mean how could anyone.

Completly agree :mrgreen:

All im trying to say is they're going to get "murdered" whether they are shot or hunted so does it really make a difference?
I've not actually said I think any of it is right or fair on the foxes but I just don't see the point of a ban becuase they will get killed anyway.

And yes, we are all going to die sometime but unfortunately for foxes, many people dont like them, so yes if im putting it into your words "they are going to get murdered one way another"

I think I've made my point and now I have better things to do than sit here all day and reply to your comments.

Please don't take this personally but I bet half the people on this forum (im NOT saying everyone) don't even know a thing about hunting so I would just like to say that half the time THERE IS NO CHASE TO GET A THRILL FROM!!! simply becuase the foxes escape through the hedges or something, and very rarely does the whole hunt go galavanting through the field together all ruthlessly jumping ditches and god knows what else. Its just not like that!!!

Although i would never go hunting i horseride therefore some of my friends do go hunting and they do go galloping around jumping ditches and stuff, my friend ( who is a sensible rider and would never risk her horse) nearly hit a horse once jumping a fence and apparently from what she told me, the galloping and jumping is fun, but it's horrible when they catch the fox because the dogs rip it up before the huntsmen pick it up. :(

I take part in it becuase I enjoy the open countryside, it's good experience for the horses and it's something I want to take part in before it gets banned completely!!!

I don't do it so I can go out and slaughter foxes, I do it becuase I enjoy it and other people like the huntsmen are the people who are in charge of the dogs etc. I think it would be a great shame for this british tradition to be lost.

I don't think keeping fox numbers down is a bad thing but im NOT A MURDERER!!!! The foxes will get killed anyway so does it matter if I want to go out and take part in what is essentially a "big group ride"!! Even if we just drag hunt someone can just walk out there with a gun so i dont really see why it makes a difference!

Blossom_Flora said:
I take part in it becuase I enjoy the open countryside, it's good experience for the horses and it's something I want to take part in before it gets banned completely!!!

I don't do it so I can go out and slaughter foxes, I do it becuase I enjoy it and other people like the huntsmen are the people who are in charge of the dogs etc. I think it would be a great shame for this british tradition to be lost.

I don't think keeping fox numbers down is a bad thing but im NOT A MURDERER!!!! The foxes will get killed anyway so does it matter if I want to go out and take part in what is essentially a "big group ride"!! Even if we just drag hunt someone can just walk out there with a gun so i dont really see why it makes a difference!

RIDICULOUS!!!

There are FAR BETTER ways to enjoy the open countryside, than chasing foxes to exhaustion and watching them being killed!

As I said before, hunts enourage foxes to breed, hence you cannot claim that they control the fox population.

Foxes do not need to be killed at all. However, if someone is determined to kill them, then it should be done quickly with a gun. You don't need to dress up in silly red coats and parade around!!!

As the title of this thread states: LET NATURE BE

Jenny

I think your comments are getting a bit out of hand!

We don't dress up in silly red coats and parade around! Incase you haven't noticed, not may people are wearing them this season and I certinaly dont!!!

My horse was bred to be a HUNTER!!! That is his JOB!!! I really don't see why it could possibly make a difference whether I want to "parade around in my red coat" and the foxes get killed or whether I sit in front of the TV and watch it!!!

Another thing, why are you soo keen on foxes when they kill rabbits, even domestic ones as many of the people on here have pointed out!!!

Anyway, like I said before, Im done discussing this now becuase I have better things to do with my life!!! Thats just my opinion and to be quite honest I don't really care what you think, you guys can call me a MURDERER and say i "PARADE AROUND IN A SILLY RED COAT" which i don't anyway but it really DOESNT BOTHER ME!!!!

OK TIME OUT TROOPS!! We all have diametrically opposing views and are all passionate about our beliefs. Perhaps a steadfast 'agree to STRONGLY disagree' at this point........ ?? Jane and Buns xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back