• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

People should know this. Foxes

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
Just had to draw people's attention to this as I think it's disgusting and people should know about it.

Re the argument that fox hunting is needed for pest control.

I don't believe the fox population needs controlling. Man should leave nature alone.

Wildlife Guardian Magazine autumn 2005
Interview with Paul Flynn MP for Newport West.
Quote Paul

'All the hunters have lost is the sordid pleasure from killing a living creature. Now,there is no need to breed foxes to be hunted. The excuse of pest controlwas destroyed by the leaking of a plea by the Master of Foxhounds Association to breed more foxes to cope with the current shortage''

It goes on to say...

'that this house agrees with Simon Hart, Cheif Executive of the Countryside Alliance, that his organisation would be ridiculed in Parliament on the publication of a letter sent by the Master of Foxhounds Association to 800 hunt masters warning of the nationwide 'shortage of foxes' and urging landowners to 'solve the problem'; and welcomes this further evidence that foxhunting is is unconnected with pest control but is devoted entirely to sadistic pleasure derived from the protracted torment and death of foxes, bred for that purpose. Paul Flynn MP

Good on yer Paul!

Rabswood

I think that the biggest pest on this earth is the human race. To call another species a pest is to make yourself a hypocrite.
Sorry if this offends anyone.

Bindi said:
I think that the biggest pest on this earth is the human race. To call another species a pest is to make yourself a hypocrite.
Sorry if this offends anyone.

i have to agree with you . as some of you will know , my o/h is a farmer but he detests fox hunting :evil:

I wish they would just be honest about it. Why can't they just admit its the sport they enjoy, nothing to do with pest control :roll:

Call me stupid, but what is an o/h?

I had a rabbit killed by a fox a couple of years ago, yet I have no inclination to go and slaughter the population for just doing what they do. They didn't sit there at their little houses and plot to do it, like 'oh, that Bindi person, I don't like her rabbit, let's get it'.

rabswood said:
Just had to draw people's attention to this as I think it's disgusting and people should know about it.

I don't believe the fox population needs controlling. Man should leave nature alone.

Quote Paul

'All the hunters have lost is the sordid pleasure from killing a living creature. Now,there is no need to breed foxes to be hunted. The excuse of pest controlwas destroyed by the leaking of a plea by the Master of Foxhounds Association to breed more foxes to cope with the current shortage''

It goes on to say...

'that this house agrees with Simon Hart, Cheif Executive of the Countryside Alliance, that his organisation would be ridiculed in Parliament on the publication of a letter sent by the Master of Foxhounds Association to 800 hunt masters warning of the nationwide 'shortage of foxes' and urging landowners to 'solve the problem'; and welcomes this further evidence that foxhunting is is unconnected with pest control but is devoted entirely to sadistic pleasure derived from the protracted torment and death of foxes, bred for that purpose. Paul Flynn MP

Good on yer Paul!

Rabswood

Hmm, they don't like it when the truth comes out, do they!!!!

Thanks for posting this :)

Jenny

The other thing- the pro-hunters say that the dogs must now be put to sleep because they cannot be used for anything other than hunting...
...erm, what do the dogs do for the rest of the year?

Bindi said:
Call me stupid, but what is an o/h?

I had a rabbit killed by a fox a couple of years ago, yet I have no inclination to go and slaughter the population for just doing what they do. They didn't sit there at their little houses and plot to do it, like 'oh, that Bindi person, I don't like her rabbit, let's get it'.

:lol: o/h is other half/my fiance - or in my case - my worse half :lol:

Bindi said:
The other thing- the pro-hunters say that the dogs must now be put to sleep because they cannot be used for anything other than hunting...
...erm, what do the dogs do for the rest of the year?

The hunts can't really claim to care about the dogs anyway - they routinely shoot them when they are considered to be "past their prime" :(

They are often no more than 6/7 years old when they are shot. Still young, but not fast enough to chase the foxes :shock:

Jenny

Just stop breeding and training the dogs- end of continuing problem.

The dogs must do something when it isn't hunting season.

Bindi said:

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE! Its not the fox its the people. We have always said that we are the most intelligent on the planet (even though I do wonder sometimes) well lets act it. Its up to US to make sure our pets are as safe as can be. A fox is not going to knock on our door and say “Excuse me madam, but your rabbit is in good killing vision. If you don’t move it I am afraid I am going to have to terminate it!”. Fox Hunting is a sport, its like banning football to these people.

Sorry. I shouldn't assume that these butchers are clever.
(sorry, being harsh again. Passionate about the subject)

Also, they say that the dogs will be put to sleep because hunting has been banned and yet they are still breeding and raising dogs for hunting! Well there's your problem right there. :evil:

You talk sense why wouldn’t people believe you :D . To blame stuff on a fox (that probably has a brain about the size of a pea) is stupid and avoiding the problem. :lol:

Wabbit said:
rabswood said:

Quote Paul

It goes on to say...

Good on yer Paul!

Rabswood

Hmm, they don't like it when the truth comes out, do they!!!!

Thanks for posting this :)

Jenny

Thanks Rabswood. :D

And No Jenny, they do after all say that the truth always hurts.

Bindi wrote:
Just stop breeding and training the dogs- end of continuing problem.

The dogs must do something when it isn't hunting season.

That would be far too sensible!

By the way, when its not the hunting season the dogs are simply exercised every day and sometimes they do displays at shows and things like that, but anyway, im not here to start another argument again.

Just enlightening you on that one.

Back