• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can boys live together?

gizmo

Mama Doe
iv got 4 un-nutered males that are on their own and i was wondering if they would live together? havent got the money at the mo to get them castrated, what with all the other problems weve been having.

No, not unless their neutered. Occationally, if they're littermates and haven't been seperated boys will live together but it usually ends up in fighting at some point.

Indroducing four seperate unneutered males is just asking for a fight :) Males fight very aggressively and can do quite a bit of damage.

Tam

believe me I am not an expert...but from what I have seen other post boys can live together happily, I think it may be a bit dodgy if they are intact so to speak as they will be hormonal and I suspect they will fight :?

hope somebody with better knowledge can help you a bit further!

*Points up* yup listen to Tams, she has experience where as I can only go by what I have read

Sounds like you've been doing well on the reading :D You're right they can live together but without neutering they'd fight :)

I have 5 boys all living together, but they are all neutered.
Occasionally they argue but its nothing more than a chasing session followed by lots of foot stomping.

I have actually got 2 un neutered males to live together once before. They where two white albino twins and they had been together since birth. However one was very shy and the other was more dominant. But they never did fight. I would never recommend trying this though.

I have two brothers that live with three girls and they lived together happily until they were neutered, but they had been together since they were born! Unneutered males that are not related will fight.

Back