• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many of your rabbits.....

Bumble

Young Bun
How many of your rabbits live together, and how many groups of buns do you have?

i.e. I have two rabbits and they live together in a huge shed and run. :)

I know other people have lots more rabbits, who live together or in pairs etc.

The reason I ask is that we're thinking of getting another pair. We have the time, space and have considered the cost (eg food and vet bills). The only hesitation is deciding what the best way to keep them would be - i.e. somewhere where our original two can see them, somewhere our current two can't see them, or try to introduce them to our current buns.

Just wondered what other poeple did so that we can consider all the options. (If you think two is plenty then let me know too, we only want to get two more if you think our first two will still be as happy). :D

M.

I think its a great idea to get 2 more and try to introduce them. At the moment I have 10 living together but a while ago I had 27 all living together. Are your current buns ale or female and are they nuetered

Hi,
As you can see from my sig I have lots of rabbits. Most of them live in hutches in large runs. Being able to see another group can cause fighting in a pair, but they usually get over it. Once they are all used to each other I think the rabbits get alot of enjoyment from running along their boundaries staking their territory. Just make sure wire between adjoining runs is of the smallest gauge possible or they will give eachother horrible bites through it. And it needs to be at least 4 feet high or they will get over it - and still be careful how close you put a hutch to it, they'll use anything as a leg up. Of course if your main garden has lower fences you will need higher fences or a top anyway to keep out predators. Also bend the bottom wire over and stake it to the ground to prevent their digging under to get out or into the adjoining run.
The first thing my rabbits do in the morning is run their boundaries. They dash up and down with their tails in the air; I am sure they get a lot out of this, after all it is natural behaviour for them.

I have a bonded group of 4 nethies (2 males and 2 females all neutered) and a single female Lop. I wish I could pair her off with a new bun but i don't have the time for a new bun and bonding. I keep them in 4 foot by 4 foot cages with an hour or so out a day.

I have 4 rabbits, Moet and Chandon a female/male bonded pair who are in a huge enclosure outside in the garden. i also have mischa and Lola, both female who are in the house as they are only 4 months old. i am waiting until i get them spayed before i try to team them up with the other 2 who are already neutered. i let the wee ones out in the garden for a run around but when Moet sees them she takes it out on Chandon who then gets chased around their enclosure and nipped in the bum for even daring to look in their direction! they have been sniffing each other thro the wire and it seems to be getting better with less aggressive tendencies!
i had the other 2 inside over fireworks weekend and lola and moet had staring competitions at each other as they are both the dominant buns! Lola for her age and size seems to be able to stand her ground and out stare Moet!

I have a bonded group of 8 - was 10 until recently :( They all live in a shed with large run attached. One is seperate at the moment because of Myxi so if she gets through it ok, I will need to introduce her back into the group!! By that time, they will have probably forgotten who she is :? :( :shock:

I have 2 sets of pairs, one group of five, a trio of sisters and a single bun :roll:

Wow! 10 together :shock: - my husband would divorce me if I asked for more than 4 :lol:

It's good to hear that it should be possible to get 4 to bond together though. :)

We've found a male rabbit, in a rescue, just waiting for him to be neutered, then we can look for a girlf for him.... and then hopefully one day we'll be able to bond both pairs together. :)

I'll keep you all posted!

Back