• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who Builds their own runs/bunny sheds

Im in the Middle of building a run for fiver and her new friend who will be joining her soon, plus another run for the foster bunnies to go in
have to say ive really enjoyed making it up to now (never knew what a hammer a few nails and a few peices of wood could do! lol)

does anyone else make their own?
if so, do you have any pics? and any info on how you made them :D

I made my own runs (along with Aspen'n'company) and I think they turned out very nicely!! I'll add some piccies:

yard2.jpg

yard3.jpg

yard4.jpg

Hope it helps :wink: Good luck with your DIY!

This is our run, which we made from wooden frames and wire mesh which are 3'x6'. We built it on 2/3 paving slabs and 1/3 another wooden frame/mesh, and put bark on the top, so they can have a good dig, without getting to australia!

bunnyrun.jpg

bunnyrun2.jpg

The top is made of the same panels, and about half has felt on the top and we've nailed some hardboard onto the sides to give them some shelter.
Good luck with yours!!

WOW these are really good, a handy bunch you lot are :lol:
this was my first attempt ever at building anything, and ive only done some of the frame up to now

this is the start of Fivers run

(yes i just about managed to get it out the door :lol: )

runframe.jpg

I just need to go and buy some wire mesh now and pin that on once ive nailed the last few bits of wood on, then i can start one for the foster buns who are coming tomorrow

:lol: :lol: :lol:

it honestly is
i must get it from my dads side, he is always building things himself, i used to sit and watch for hours when i was a kid, he used to build all my bunny runs then made on huge aivary for our birds, so it must be because of that :lol:

these are the hutches that my dad has made for our bunnies....

PiggiePics012.jpg

this is them during the day.... they have just been cleaned out but have made a mess already,

PiggiePics011.jpg

and at night they have shutters on there hutch, to keep them warm and locked up from foxes....

PiggiePics001.jpg

sophie

This is my first attempt at uploading photos. Apoligies if it all goes wrong. :)

This should be a photo of our summerhouse (shed) where our two rabbits live. They have a cat flap and tunnel which leads directly to the hutch in the run. They can play inside or outside depending on what takes their fancy. :)

SummerHouseandRun.jpg

The next photos are of the inside of the summerhouse.

Carrotsandtunnel.jpg

IndoorHutch.jpg

Floor.jpg

[/img]

Thanks!

My fabulous hubby spent all day today insulating the roof for them. It was hard work cutting it to fit in between the wooden batons on the ceiling, but he's done a smashing job and it should keep the buns nice and warm now that the weather has turned cold!

I helped by providing cups of tea!

Think I'll make him another cuppa just now - he's got the walls to do tomorrow. :D

Back