• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sad,but Also Comforting for Those With V Old Buns....

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
This is Ruffles aged 12.5 years taken the evening before he fell into his final sleep. He was not ill, he was not in pain and as his level of consciousness faded he still kept opening his mouth for a few drops of water or a slither of grated carrot. If there is such a thing as a 'good death' Ruffles certainly had it. So peaceful and surrounded by our love. Binky Free my funny old man.....Jane and Buns xx
rabbits525.jpg

:cry: :cry: :cry: Oh my poor heart :cry: :cry: :cry: I know exactly what you mean - sad but peaceful :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
God Bless you little man - I hope you are having a wonderful time at the Bridge - xxxxx

I know what you mean, one of the babies that we had died in a similar way, he was being cuddled by me and he fell into his final sleep in my arms.
Sad but a nice way for the bunny to go, knowing that it was loved right to the very end.
Binky free old boy, have fun on the bridge.

I think it has to be how we all pray our fluffy babies will go, no pain, just sleep. Binky free little man.

Its brought tears to my eyes too, I held Fern whilst she died and I can still see her little face and her little eyes closing. :cry:

And on brighter note I look at my 6 year old Charlie and think theres easily another 6 years in him! :D

Oh Jane, he's gorgeous :cry: :cry:

I held, Tiny and Nipper when they passed over too, they hadn't even opened their eyes yet but I could see them closing (If that makes any sense).

I regret not holding Nikita when she passed over, I said my good byes a few minutes earlier then passed her to my stepmum while I got a tissue. I've still got her towel that she spent her final hours in :cry: :cry:

He looks comfy and safe, just the way a bun should feel when going to the bridge. I'm sure he's having a fantastic time at the bridge though!

He does look so cosy - oh *** nearly in tears at work again, but in a good way. If only they could all go like that.

He looks so peaceful. Your right it is very comforting. I just hope Toby goes that way. I have him on my lap now, and he gives his farewell too.

Rest In Peace little man :(

What a comforting, beautiful photo. I wish my Elvis had had a peaceful time but sadly that wasnt the case
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

what a tender and serene piccie... thank you soo much for sharing with us! .... binky free precious bun!

Lee, xx

Back