• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

French Lop seeks partner and space(Lincs area)

Adele

Warren Veteran
Posted on behalf of: loopylou

"Rabs"
French Lop (Blue Butterfly)
Approx 5-6mths
Male
Not vacc/neutered
No photos available
Temperament: Not aggressive, curious but a little shy of human contact.
Reason for rehoming: Bought as a companion to my neutered doe but she hates him with a passion so currently separated. I believe that he is lonely and could do with rabbit company but I do not want to increase numbers as I don't like caging them and the rabbit I have currently has the run of the garden 24-7. I am seeking a home where he can have rabbit company 24-7 and not be caged!
There is no urgency for rehoming from my side, I don't need a foster home and I can keep him 'til the right home comes along...

If he isnt neutered it is not suprising she hates him. Probably doenst want to be pestered all day. Have you considered getting him done?

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl - yes I have but I don't believe that is the problem. He hasn't once attempted to mount her and after a month I have given up with introductions on the grounds of his welfare. She has been introduced to another male (entire) and she accepted him straight away and has bonded with a passion - evidenced by the inseparability of the two of them. That rabbit has since been neutered. If he stays then he will be neutered anyway but not in the next few weeks as I am still reeling from the cost of neutering all nine of my male g.pigs after they started fighting and the other male rabbit!

I'm possibly going to Lincoln on the 29th of this month so could help with transport on route back to Sheffield.

Hope this fella finds his forever home soon! :)

Louise

Thanks Louise - he is a lovely chappie - he is fascinated by the chickens at the moment and keeps pearing out the greenhouse to look at them!

Not up for rehoming anymore. He has now been accepted by both other rabbits so is also running around the garden :D

Back