• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Alfie snuffles - may not be snuffles afterall!!

**Bonnie**

Mama Doe
...but not getting my hopes up though..

I took Alfie to vets on Saturday, he was checked over, had temprature taken, listened to his chest etc, has put on even more weight from 3 weeks prior to that appointment.

I told the vet that it is only in one nostril and that when he had an anti-inflamitory injection for his cystitus he was cured for about 3 days, no snezzing and no snot, i remember after the injection quite alot came out but the following 3 days nothing!!!!

Anyway, booked in for nasel swab tomorrow night so will update (for those interested) the results as i think they will come back pretty quickly.

It probably is pasturella but as he is so healthy otherwise and the anti-inflamatory injection had such an effect on his snuffles the vet wasn't sure.

she said if its not pasturella they will have a look up that nostril and at the same time castrate him :D ..so he can get a mate :D :D

Anti-inflammatory tablets (if that's possible) may be the way forward!

Fingers crossed - the poor thing is fed up of the vets by now!!

Bonnie x

Thanks guys - as i said, it prob is pasturella but as the vet wasn't 100% sure its gieven me a glimmer of hope!!

Bonnie x

Awwww Good luck Alfie!!

Lets hope it is something positive Bonnie, keep your chin up!

:D Wee Alfie sneaked online while his mum was out. :shock: He's told me that it is going to the bloomin vet that gets UP HIS NOSE !! :roll: :roll: He also asked me to explain what 'bein castrated means'.... :oops: :oops: I said 'ask your mum Alfie...!! :lol: Time for a chat with your little bun now Bonnie cos he isnt such a baby now....!! :lol: Jane and Buns xx

Wee Alfie sneaked online while his mum was out. He's told me that it is going to the bloomin vet that gets UP HIS NOSE !! He also asked me to explain what 'bein castrated means'.... I said 'ask your mum Alfie...!! Time for a chat with your little bun now Bonnie cos he isnt such a baby now....!! Jane and Buns xx

:lol: :lol: ha haaa!!!! poor little Alfie, the other day at the vets they put a themometer (can't spell that - to test his temp) up his bum and now he's having something up his nose and then his crown jewel's taken away!!

poor thing!!

poor little fella. he must be really grumpy with the v..e..t..

On the table he doesn't struggle, but he will not come out of the carrier or go in like he used to..he obviously knows now!

will be worth it in the end!

Back