• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Housing groups of rabbits..

Veronica

Mama Doe
Hiya guys :)

Right, well the babies are growing FAST!..and are very much in that stage where they are interested in everything around them, and like to go investigating with their very independant minds! :shock: :p

I've currently got them house in this set up, which is bascially half of my shed fenced off. However, I'm thinking of building an actual pen (open topped, with higher level, and a little gate for me to get in and out of..similar to the 'bunny villages' you see in PAH). This would give them the bottom floor space of 6ftx4ft, not including the additional level). From this I could give them access to part of the patio seperate to where Alfie plays (I will get pics to show you).

What do you reckon? This is to house 5 'eventually' adult dwarf lops.

I want to get cracking building this asap, as it's breaking my heart seeing the mess of what they are doing to my shed floor everyday :D :p lol!

Pics....

small4.jpg

small3.jpg

What greeted me this morning :D

small2.jpg

Thanks guys :D They are very cute, but look at that mess!!!! :shock:

:lol:

Alfie has the other side of the shed, and he's far more tidy. I'll go get some pics in a min :)
He's a bit grumpy today though, because he's not allowed on the patio because its been raining heavily and he always goes in the mud :roll: :lol:

Here's Alfie, my beeeeeeaaaauuuutiful boy :love:

Alife41.jpg

His indoor enclosure..
Alfie21.jpg

Look at that for litter trained...not bad eh :wink: :D

Alife31.jpg

LOL! Yeah they are growing up to be very big chunky babies :D

I've been in discussions with my brother (who is the DIY guy round here) as to what we will be building for them as housing for the long term :)

You call that messy? You should see my shed floor :lol:
And most of it is what I drop when I feed the guineas. The rabbits clean it up for me :D

Aawww they are all so adorable! Sounds like they are going to have a great palace to live in soon. Not sure about it being open topped tho unless it will be inside a shed.. sorry maybe i read it wrong.. but u dont want any predators getting into them or one of them jumping out.
Dont they grow so fast! Now I want more photos of Oliver and the other two fluffies :D :wink:

Oooo blimey, yes I must make that clear, the open topped pen would be inside the shed, taking up half the shed, then leading to a fully enclosed outside run :)

Back