• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Lump???

without_halo

Alpha Buck
Red had her first mxyi jab nearly 2 weeks ago and she now had a quite large hard lump appear on her back (i am certain this is from the jab). According to my DH he thinks the lump is getting bigger (I am no sure) and where her lump is her fur is a different colour.

Any ideas or should she be taken to the vets?

Hiya. Is the lump hard or soft?? Some buns do get a local reaction to the Myxi Vacc but it is less common than with the VHD vaccine. The fur over a vaccination reaction usually falls out,then regrows. The Myxi vacc is given part sub-cutaneously and part intra-dermally.So maybe as the vet part withdrew the needle to do the intra-dermal bit a local skin reaction was set off. If you think the lump is getting bigger or if the skin around it looks red I'd ask your vet just to check it. Vaccine reactions can take a good few weeks to settle so try not to worry. Jane and Buns xx

Hiya

the lump is hard... beause she is a rex we can't actually see the colour of her skin. She doesn't seem bothered by it because she is still eating. drinking, pooping and being a totally little nutter.

...Oooo I have lots of Rexes and they do seem to be more prone to local reactions to vaccines. One of my Black Otters had the most horrific reaction on his scruff to his VHD. Hal, one of my Orange Rexes reacts to ALL vaccines/injections. I guess some buns are just hyper-sensitive. Have we seen a piccie of your Rex. I am a bit of a Rex addict!! Jane and Buns xx

Back