• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rudy has a little white lump(it's disappeared)

kayj

Wise Old Thumper
When I was grooming Rudy today and giving him his check over I noticed on the rim of his foreskin a little white lump, I am going to the vets tomorrow so I will ask her, just wondered if anybody had any ideas as when I first got Rudy he had a number of abcesses.

Awwww :( I have just posted about rudy in general chat, asking how he was! :(

I hope the little man is ok xxxxx

He's ok in himself and it doesn't seem to be bothering him but I want to know what it is.

can bunnies get sebacious cysts? is the lump quite small but very hard?

ive had quite a few ratties with sebacious cysts, and if it is this then its nothing to worry about as its basically a blocked pore!

hope it is just something like that!

Charlie has a few little white lumps, about the size of a peppercorn, just beneath the skin and hard. They don't bother him in the slightest. The vet said they're probably cysts and to just keep an eye on them, and if they break through the skin ever to bring him straight in to be on the safe side. I first noticed them several months ago, they never get any bigger or smaller, he's got 3 now.

Hopefully Rudy's is something similar and nothing too much to worry about.

Let us know how rudy gets on at the vets today Kay! Fingers crossed its nothing to worry about! Will be thinking about him today! :D

Good Luck, big kisses to him from me and Soph xxxxxx

A couple of the guys here have little lumps just under the skin around there bits! Our vet said the same as Bevbunny's just keep an eye on them XX

the lump doesn't seem to be under the skin, I am off to the Vets in an hour so I will see what she says. I think I have gone paranoid.

Well I mentioned Rudy's little lump to the Vet as I was taking Misty in. She is going to have a look at it on Wed morning. So no news until Lunchtime Wed i'm afraid.

The little white lump that Rudy had as gone. I think he is trying to be like our Gizmo was and pretending to have things so he can go and see the Vet. At least he is ok and that is all I'm bothered about.

lmao! :lol: :lol: oooooh deary me, that Rudy is definately a little character! :lol: :lol:

Aww, I hope the lump stays away..!!! :wink:

Give him a BIG kiss from me! xxxx

He's a little monkey. I hope he doesn't start Gizmo's games as Gizmo was brilliant at acting even when I took him 2 days before he died I was telling him on the way to the vets that he wasn't seeing Caroline (his favourite) so if he was faking then he might aswell stop.

Back