• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

how often do you...

/

Amy if they were smelling then it should be obvious they needed changing!!
How's Millie and Bramble getting on?

i do change it when it smells :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i was so scared that millie and bramble wouldnt bond once taken apart once again but put them back tuesday and all is well and now they are bonded :D i will try and get some photos soon but ive only got one of those mini cams which are hard to get good photos!

bramble is soooo lively now and its lovley to see him binkying about :lol:

hi

I change mine about every 3 or 4 days - I don't like rabbity smell much :? I put megazorb in the bottom and some hay at one end, and cover with fresh megazorb every day when I give fresh hay.

can't do much about the spotting on the carpet though :roll:

At the moment i change it when ever it gets overun about 3/4 days. But i am craving the smell of hay so have to keep putting more hay in it so i can sniff it. :oops:

Trying not to eat it myself at the moment :oops:

linnyloo said:
At the moment i change it when ever it gets overun about 3/4 days. But i am craving the smell of hay so have to keep putting more hay in it so i can sniff it. :oops:

:shock: :shock: Err,I guess a cravin' for hay has to be a tad more sociable than the run-of-the-mill pickled onion........??? :? :lol: :lol: Jane and Buns xx

JCO said:
linnyloo said:

:shock: :shock: Err,I guess a cravin' for hay has to be a tad more sociable than the run-of-the-mill pickled onion........??? :? :lol: :lol: Jane and Buns xx

:lol: :lol: Mine was egg and chips!

hi

get stuck into that hay Natalie! All those rabbits can't be wrong about it - it's good stuff :D

I got through so many giant jars of gherkins when I was pregs... :?

i change mine daily for the bonded buns and i have one who dosent use her litter tray so i do her every other day

I remove soiled litter and newspaper, and majority of poops every day, i top the tray up with more clean litter. I totally empty and clean their cage and tray about every 5 days or so. I put about 2 cm of wood cat litter in their tray i would think

Yep I've had the guerkins craving and tomatoes. I had to eat tinned tomatos with tomato ketchup on!!

But the smell of hay mmmmmmmmmmmmm it's soooooo good. I might try some :lol:

Mine have two trays. I take one out in the morning and clean it and out it back in full of clean bedding and hay at night. I push the old one back into the corner for the day so the new one goes in in front and they hopefully use the dirty one during the night just eating from the clean one, which will still be relatively clean for the next day. That is for the upstairs bunnies.
Lace can't manage a tray because of her head tilt so I change her vetbed every other day, just picking up the poo in between.

Daisy and Blaise have 3 trays in their cage (to enforce the concept of actually going in the tray :roll: ) and I change all of them 1-2 times a day. I use newspaper and straw in my boxes.

Oliver has a little litter tray, and I chance it once a day, sometimes more.

I use carefresh litter and it seems to hold up pretty well. I can get away with changing the boxes every 4 days. The litter can get quite expensive though, my mom just won't get used to the smell of bunny so i have to use litter.

Sophie is done and disinfected everyday :wink: I use woodbased litter and there is no smell, its great! I do it everyday so that she is nice and clean! :wink:

Back