• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new little man in town

desdi

Mama Doe
firstly a big thank you to kaz and her family for letting us visit today.

its now been a month since my little chief (wicket) went to the bridge. over the last few weeks bump has begun to act a little more odd than usual and hubby and i decided it was time to think about a new friend for her.

as she got to choose wicket herself we decided we'd let her pick a new friend again. i had seen that kaz had a little of little ones and wasnt too far away from me. she kindly agreed to let us visit and today we took bump over to meet all the little boys that she had.

the first thing i wanted to do was take all of them home with us! they are just so wonderful and i hope they all find forever homes soon. we let bump out to meet them all and we had a good hour spent letting them investigate eachother. i am not sure if it was ian that was adopted by our new friend or the other way around. we settled on a little black boy that bump had paid the most attention to.

as i type he is finding his way around. luckily there has only been one nudge from bump to tell him that her house was most definately hers but so far so good. needless to say he will live in a hutch unless we are about to supervise (he is yet to mature and be done - all things in good time, inc jabs etc).

i have promised kaz and her wonderful kids that we will keep in touch and i will send pictures. i just thought i'd share his first few snaps with you. so far we have not decided on a name but when we see more of his personality we will pick something (suggestions more than welcome!).

once again, a huge THANK YOU to kaz who has done a wonderful job bringing the little ones into the world. hubby and i could tell that they have been loved and handled wonderfully. i just wish i was able to have more than one!

so without any more babble meet bumps new boyfriend...

this one shows how small he is (they are toilet rolls next to him)

S3700086.jpg

and this one shows his cute little face.

S3700088.jpg

jake is a good name, but then so is benji

still mooting names. we have been trying to see which names make his ears twitch. hubby has been after a rabbit called "spooky" for a while but still not sure.

Look at those ear :shock: :D Gorgeous!! I think BIB are trying to take over the world! Sorry, pretty hopeless with names, but he's lovely.

What about Jet?

Read somewhere that animals respond better to names ending in "ie" or "y". So Spooky would be a good name to fit this pattern.

i didnt know about the "ie" or "y" sounds being good to get response - bump seems to have the best hearing when it comes to the treat box being rattled and the toster going pop.

he's off to see the wonderful frances (vet) next monday. hopfully he'll have a name for then!

we've been having lots of cuddles and he is settling in quite well - i've lost count of the number of blinkies i've seen ^_^

the only problem now is that we cant settle on a name!

hubby wants atom so he can call him the mighty atom but i like spooky.

any suggestions or preferences over the two?

Back