• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dog crate, how big???

leesabuntine

Warren Scout
Hi All

I am looking for a dog crate for 2 bunnies.
At the moment they are in seperate cages (large) and get out for 6 hrs a day each till they are bonded.....Peppa is still to be speyed so i havent bonded them...also there cages are only big enough for 1 i would say.
So how big a crate do I buy them???
they will be moving to a shed soon....if i ever move house and get it built!!!
George is a lop ear....medium bunny and Peppa is a very little lionhead bunny!

any replies gratefully received!!!
leesa.

hi

You can also join 2 of 3' dog crates together - the ends flop down and you can leave on end tied up and link them I believe - not tried it but it should be poss - Mine were from prizepets

beck said:
My two are in a 48" dog crate I got from this ebay seller, it was the biggest I could get at a good price. Blueberry is a big bunny and Brian is smaller.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/48-Dual-coate...724245079QQcategoryZ20745QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I also have this exact same one for my two bunnies. Simba is a small lionhead but Nala is bigger. I went to the place which is only 20mins drive from me to get it rather than pay for postage.. but be warned it is very heavy!!! You do get a piece of fleecy bedding similar to vetbed but not as thick. :D

I'm considering getting a dog crate for my rabs now they have moved in for the winter. The added shelf is fab. I'm really impressed, I don't think I have the carpentry skills to do it though :(

If I get a crate I will see what I can cobble together.

Rabswood

I am yet to persuade my dad to have a go at making a shelf for mine :wink: In the meantime i put a box in that they can jump on and off and hide inside of it too.

Back