• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello!

Flairy

New Kit
Hey everyone!!
I'm new to the forum, and am an almost owner of new bunnies!!! Its been a break of 3 years since my last so am desperate to get them.

My (well almost) new bunnies are a gorgeous rescue bunny called Dermot - he's 18 monthes old and has spent 6 months in the animal shelter :( , and a baby British Giant (a lifelong ambition) who is already pretty big at 9 weeks. Having read much of the forum I am a bit ashamed for going to a breeder for her, but all looks good with the breeder. I'm learning!

I just thought that I'd say what a wonderful forum this is. I've been off work with a virus, and you've all stopped me going mental with boredom!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Claire

hi there clare, how exciting a baby BG i have two but they are no longer babys mind!

welcome to the forum

Eve x

Hi Eve,

How are all yours doing? It sounds like you've a had an interesting few days - its definately convinced that with only two bunnies I should definately get pet insurance!! I have many questions about BG's, so i think i'll begin a new forum!!!
:)

Flairy said:
Hi Eve,

How are all yours doing? It sounds like you've a had an interesting few days - its definately convinced that with only two bunnies I should definately get pet insurance!! I have many questions about BG's, so i think i'll begin a new forum!!!
:)

hi have had a bad week honey! my giants are great and my boy is such a brave soldier i was confident he would need pain relief again today as its a pretty big op he had, but he has been very brave and just happly got on with it!

i would definately get insurance for your giant as i said they are prone to problems health wise and it is just not practcal for me but if you have a very low number then i defiantely would his op cam out at £652 and thats just for one side!

if you have any bg questions just ask and i will try to help, there not that many people on her with them i have two, caz has a conti and i think kay has two but thats about it!

Eve x

Hiya Claire :wave: Wishing you a warm welcome to Rabbits United.

Giant bunnies are wonderful, but definately worth insuring as Eve suggests :wink:
We have a British Giant here called Boadicea and is a stunner, and very gentle with it.. :wink: :)
We also have a Large French Lop called Edelweiss, who is quite a character.

Best wishes

Thank you all for the welcome - I think its excellent that this is such a caring and helpful community. I am glad I stumbled across it!

The hutch was finished today, and tomorrow the run is to be put up. Then I can bring Alba (the Giant) and Dermot (the rescue bunny) home next weekend. :D :D :D :D

I put this photo of Alba on another thread, but just in case you've missed her.......

Opaldoe.jpg

Wow! Alba is gorgeous! I'm new to rabbits and haven't seen a giant bun before. How big do they get?

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

Back