• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

hagrids out of surgery! they now wont leave marnie stay with

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
it went well, i am to go down at 5.30 to look at the xrays!!

but they are keeping my babies in tonight for bed rest :cry: :cry: :cry: i know they are only doing there job and say it is routine to keep othopedeic in but i want them home, i already miss him :cry: :cry:

this is all breaking my heart :cry: :cry:

Mikeymoo said:
Oh Eve im glad it went well i was just about to PM you. Is Hermionie with him ?

yep so i dont even have her to squidge upto tonight the house already feels empty without them! i cant stop crying, i really must get a life! :oops:

bunnylove said:
Mikeymoo said:

yep so i dont even have her to squidge upto tonight the house already feels empty without them! i cant stop crying, i really must get a life! :oops:

At least she is keeping him company and he will be less stressed with her there.
Cant you go and getting Mickey to squidge up to ? :D
There is nothing wrong with crying - they're your babies :D

Eve - if it makes you feel any better/normal I spent a whole weekend crying when I realised that we would have to make the "kind" decision for Wicket - I even cried when I took Bump in to be Spayed.

You are not alone!

All the best to your furries too (I've been following your posts).

Mikeymoo said:
bunnylove said:
Mikeymoo said:

At least she is keeping him company and he will be less stressed with her there.
Cant you go and getting Mickey to squidge up to ? :D
There is nothing wrong with crying - they're your babies :D

i love them all dearly linzi but they are different to the hutch bunnys, they interact with us differently tey jump on the sofa and fall alseep on your lao and folow me round the house and beg for food. i miss them so much!

i love them all dearly linzi but they are different to the hutch bunnys, they interact with us differently tey jump on the sofa and fall alseep on your lao and folow me round the house and beg for food. i miss them so much!

I know what you mean. Buster and Pasiley wouldnt be the same inside as Mikey - although im not as lucky as you. mikey wont jump on the sofa, but he has just started to lick my face when i lay on the floor with him :oops:

desdi said:
Eve - if it makes you feel any better/normal I spent a whole weekend crying when I realised that we would have to make the "kind" decision for Wicket - I even cried when I took Bump in to be Spayed.

You are not alone!

All the best to your furries too (I've been following your posts).

thanks but i think thats why i am not dealling with this very well, i lost my bunny (pts) last week she was my first bunny and i am still greiving for her and now this, it really is too much!

awww eve im glad he's out and ok. You've every right to be upset eve there your baby's!!!!!! We all Love our bunnies to bits!!!!!!!! And you have had a bad week eve XX He'll be ok and im sending big hugs XXXXXX

Mikeymoo said:

I know what you mean. Buster and Pasiley wouldnt be the same inside as Mikey - although im not as lucky as you. mikey wont jump on the sofa, but he has just started to lick my face when i lay on the floor with him :oops:

its not always great esp when they pee on it but they dun naf keep ya feet warm! :D

this is getting better by the hour, they now wont let hermonie stay with him, because of the wound! my luck this is gonna cause problems when he comes home! :cry: :cry:

Towsbuns said:
SOAD said:
Oh No :shock: :shock: :shock: what's he has surgey for.

Do keep up Tree :lol: :lol:
There is another thread about Hagrid's hip problems.

:lol: I need Carys back so I've more time to search the net :lol:

Off to find the thread.

i,m glad the op went well . it won,t be long until you babies are back home , keep your chin up , I know you have had a really bad time lately with losing you beloved baby last week tho. :( xx

I am SO RELIEVED that Hagrid got through his big Op. You have had so much to cope with so try not to think too far ahead re seperating Hagrid and Hermione. Take things one day at a time. Thinking of you. Jane and Buns xx

Glad he got through the op OK (I'm not too sure what he had as I've only just come on but I will catch up!!!) Hope he recovers well :)

Nic

Eve,

Glad to hear he is ok, it can only get better.

Chin up, think of all those lovely bunnies you have in your care.

Best wishes

Maureen

Back