• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Greetings!

racheyrabbit

Alpha Buck
Hello everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I came across this forum a little while ago when I was searching rabbit rehome for a potential new bunny to adopt. Our last house bunny (who came from a pet shop, before I knew any better!) passed away a few of months ago, and after 6 weeks of saying that we'd never have another one because it was so horrible when she died, we gave into our bunny parenting urges (or at least I did, and then persuaded the other half).

So, after searching rabbit rehome, and visiting the local rescue centre we found a little sweetie to bring home with us. She's currently nameless, as my boyfriend is still deliberating on that one. The deal is that he chooses the names of the animals, but its a small price to pay to get him to agree to having them in the first place! So far we've had Luna the hamster (aka Loopy) and Ewok the rabbit (aka Wokky or Wox-Box)!

I'll post a picture of her as soon as I work out how to do it! She's very timid at the moment, except when you go anywhere near her cage and then she stamps her feet......

I'm sure I'll be posting on here asking for lots of advice. We had Wokky from a baby, and so she didn't have a 'past' that made her nervous etc. I think we're going to have a bit of work to do with this little lady......

Rachel & the nameless bunny......

Here's a piccie of the new bunny..... assuming that I've done it right!

P1010013.jpg

Here's a piccie of Wokky, who is sadly no longer with us.....

P2260040.jpg

Lovely buns, and welcome :wave:

Sorry to hear Wokky, she looked like a real sweetheart! Great job on rescueing the little no-name girly though, and I can't wait to hear more about her!

xxx Leah

Thanks everyone.....

I'm sure you'll hear a lot about the new bun... in fact my first question is in the 'care' section already. We really must find her a name.... we can't keep calling her the 'little lady' and 'bunnygirl' forever!

Wokky was a sweetheart.... she was a netherland dwarf X with the sweetest nature who loved cuddles on the sofa in front of the tv. She did have a tendency to be naughty though... but then I'm not sure there is a bunny who doesn't!

yeah..... we went with Kahlo..... after the Mexican artist.... or should I say my boyfriend did.....

I would say that the animals in our house are cultured, but when one was named after a science fiction character I'm not sure that's true! With Ewok (although I only every called her Wokky) he'd chosen the name (the deal was that I could have a bunny if it was called Ewok) and then we went in search of the bunny that fitted the name.....

Back