• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jumping Bunny

TripleD

Warren Scout
I nearly had a heart attack, the bunnies were out in there run, I looked across and jezebel was up on her back legs with her front feet on the run. I looked back at the TV, and about 2 mins later I looked again, just in time to see her jump, she managed to clear the run, and was holding onto the front of the hutch when I ran out and grabbed her off of it!

It's not like the run is small, here is a pic of the one I've got:

rabbitrun02.jpg

I guess the thing to ask is why is she trying to escape/why is she jumping, and how can I prevent a 2nd heart attack?

lol, Blueberry jumps those panels with ease!! :lol:
I regularly find her on top of the fridge or freezer, she gets on top of the dog cage which is taller than the panels :shock:
lids are a must :wink:

So where can I get a lid from??

Don't wanna spend another £50 on a pack of em to make a lid!

If it's an indoor run and doesn't have to be foxproof, but is only to stop her getting out you could probably make something out of blankets, cardboard boxes or some thin wire mesh.

You can make a smaller rectangle shaped run with two panels as a lid.

This is still not guaranteed to be blueberry proof, but I don't leave them in it in the garden unless i'm out there.
When I used the panels as an indoor cage Blue would regularly escape. Some bunnys are just that way inclined :roll:

Back