• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Do rabbits get warts?

Toby

Banned
Toby has like a dry looking wart in his ear. I am going to take to the vet when I can. He doesn’t have ear mites as his ears look clean apart from this wart looking spot inside his ear. I think it irritates him sometimes as well. It looks grey/black dry and hard. It just looks like a wart. Dose anyone know what it might be?

Emma

Toby said:
Toby has like a dry looking wart in his ear. I am going to take to the vet when I can. He doesn’t have ear mites as his ears look clean apart from this wart looking spot inside his ear. I think it irritates him sometimes as well. It looks grey/black dry and hard. It just looks like a wart. Dose anyone know what it might be?

Emma

I recently took Charlie bun to see the vet about an odd little lump on his back, the vet told me to just keep an eye on it and it was probably just a cyst as he is not so young anymore. The vet said all animals tend to get little cysts and warts as they get older. So I guess it could well be a wart. My old laborador got lots as he got older, they itched but didn't really cause him any bother. I think I'd take Toby to see the vet for peace of mind.

Btw you and Toby caused a really lovely moment in our house the other day - my O/H was reading my copy of BunnyMad, he saw Toby in there and read that he was 13. Steve was absolutely over joyed at the thought that we'd have Charlie for another 7 years, he showed Charlie and hugged him so much I thought the poor bunny would pop. I was fighting back the tears! :D

Oh yeah, I haven't seen the article yet lol :). Anyone have any scans :)

I will take Toby to the vets to make sure. I just hope its something that doesn’t grow because that would mean I would have to have it surgically removed.

Sounds like what one of mine had it turned out to have puss in it, it was a little bite that had tried to heal over but looked like a white lump, me being me had a little pick and the next day got the pus out. Hes still got a little lunp there but nothings changing so im leaving it alone. val

I have tried touching it but Toby isn't keen on me sticking my finger in his ear :lol: Its not white its grey/black and a tad red at the bottom. Very much like a wart really. Poor Toby.

Back