• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

semi bonding

chibichan

Young Bun
Hi, I hsve 2 bunnies that I want to bond once the male is neutered so he stops annoying the female :lol: I live in a dorm so I'm low on space so both bunnies live in the same room. I let them out seperetly most of the time, bonsley poops all over to attract her (so annoying). Once in a while I let them both out together and he'll just chase her around. They have been getting along better but I was wondering when she runs into her cage should I allow him to follow her? I've been grabbing him if he does because it's her cage and it's where she feels safe. But I eventually want to put them both in her cage cause it's big so I was wondering if I can let him in there or not. Thanks!

Hiya! Is your female neutered? Rabbit bonking literally only takes a few seconds so if she isn't, I wouldn't let him in her cage (well, to be honest I probably wouldn't let them out together anyway before he's done) as by the time you have got in there, the deed may have been done and you may find babies on the way - not ideal either because you live in a dorm or because it brings more bunnies into the already over-bunny-populated world!

Once they are together and bonded, they will be fine in her cage but you should clean it so it smells different, and move everything around, maybe even move where the cage is situated if you can, before letting them go in there - that way, she will not recognise it as "her" territory and is less likely to defend it from him when you put them in there first off.

Yes the female is spayed, so don't have to worry about little bunnies. He just annoys her by constantly wanting to hump her. So I only let them out together when I'm cleaning the cages. He's getting done over winter break so i guess they'll be neighbors till then. :)

Aaah I see. In that case I wouldn't let him in her cage anyway, as it is her "safe" place away from him, and she will probably get very upset and may turn aggressive towards him if she can't even get away from him there. If she does that, it will probably be much harder for you to bond them once he has been snipped. Good luck!!

(PS got any photos :lol: :lol: )

Back