• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Names.

Gemma

New Kit
How long did take for you bunny people to name your rabbits? I have had mine over3 weeks and still have not got a name I like. Do you have any tips for matching names to bunnys? After lots of other attempts I finally settled on Charlie and Jasper but it does not really suit them, It does not help that I have to get approval from my 3 year old daughter who wanted to call one tinkerbell! poor boy would end up with a complex :lol: .

i think mine were about 12 weeks old when some of the members on here got fed up with me calling them babys and demanded that i name them! and gave me a long list of suggestions so that i had to chse! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry it has tacken so long I had family over for dinner and I was trying to work put how to post pictures .
rabbits001.jpg

this should be them I hope.
rabbits002.jpg

Awww! how cute :D I've always named mine quickly the last 2 especially as I made a vets appt the day after I got and they needed names !

love that second picture.

scribble was a character from a book (female lop)

bump was because we have laminate floor and when she was a kitten she'd bump into things

wicket came to us as albert but we didnt like it, it was then jay (jay and silent bob) because he was a big hormone but then it became wicket after the nosy ewok.

i think the names go with them nicely.

Thanks they are very cute. I think they might end up called Ben (black and white) and Jerry( fawn)

We named Squishie whilst in the pet shop umming and arring where or not to buy her and save her from looking tiny and scrawny forever.

I had the name Eamon for years, since I watched an episode of Father Ted. Dougal got a rabbit and named it Eamon and I just thought that was a great name so it stuck. I knew we were getting them and then had to wait 2 - 3 weeks before picking them up so Anna & Thora just came about from us sitting in a take away thinking of suitable names.

Anna is inspired from Will & Grace, Karens other name Anatasia Beaverhausen. So the idea that she is Anatasia Bunniehausen. Jon (O/H) wanted to use the name Thor but I pointed out the little one was a girl

I have looked at so many lists of names some are very strange,I think we will try ben and jerry for a while see if they fit. I have always had names sorted for all my animals usually before they come my border collie was called katie even before she was born. I feel like a bad bunny mam for not being able to come up with names. thank you everyone for your help.

Your bunnies are soooooooo adorable :love:

I have a list of names that I like in a little book, and when Leila came home it took me three days to decide on one! I chose Leila because of the meaning - dark beauty/dark as the night/born at night.. Depending on what website you're reading

Back