PDA

View Full Version : Names.

Gemma
06-11-2005, 12:06 PM
How long did take for you bunny people to name your rabbits? I have had mine over3 weeks and still have not got a name I like. Do you have any tips for matching names to bunnys? After lots of other attempts I finally settled on Charlie and Jasper but it does not really suit them, It does not help that I have to get approval from my 3 year old daughter who wanted to call one tinkerbell! poor boy would end up with a complex :lol: .

kim 106
06-11-2005, 12:09 PM
it took me a while may be post some pictures of them then we can help sugest some names for you

bunnylove
06-11-2005, 12:13 PM
i think mine were about 12 weeks old when some of the members on here got fed up with me calling them babys and demanded that i name them! and gave me a long list of suggestions so that i had to chse! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gemma
07-11-2005, 10:10 AM
Sorry it has tacken so long I had family over for dinner and I was trying to work put how to post pictures .
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c388/meggy1000/rabbits001.jpg
this should be them I hope.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c388/meggy1000/rabbits002.jpg

touie
07-11-2005, 11:55 AM
Awww! how cute :D I've always named mine quickly the last 2 especially as I made a vets appt the day after I got and they needed names !

HS
07-11-2005, 12:00 PM
They are just beautiful :love: :love: :love: I just love that 2nd picture!!

desdi
07-11-2005, 01:11 PM
love that second picture.

scribble was a character from a book (female lop)

bump was because we have laminate floor and when she was a kitten she'd bump into things

wicket came to us as albert but we didnt like it, it was then jay (jay and silent bob) because he was a big hormone but then it became wicket after the nosy ewok.

i think the names go with them nicely.

Gemma
07-11-2005, 02:24 PM
Thanks they are very cute. I think they might end up called Ben (black and white) and Jerry( fawn)

WonderBunn
07-11-2005, 02:55 PM
We named Squishie whilst in the pet shop umming and arring where or not to buy her and save her from looking tiny and scrawny forever.

I had the name Eamon for years, since I watched an episode of Father Ted. Dougal got a rabbit and named it Eamon and I just thought that was a great name so it stuck. I knew we were getting them and then had to wait 2 - 3 weeks before picking them up so Anna & Thora just came about from us sitting in a take away thinking of suitable names.

Anna is inspired from Will & Grace, Karens other name Anatasia Beaverhausen. So the idea that she is Anatasia Bunniehausen. Jon (O/H) wanted to use the name Thor but I pointed out the little one was a girl

Toby
07-11-2005, 03:05 PM
Try this page: http://exoticpets.about.com/cs/namelists/a/namesrabbits.htm

Gemma
07-11-2005, 10:37 PM
I have looked at so many lists of names some are very strange,I think we will try ben and jerry for a while see if they fit. I have always had names sorted for all my animals usually before they come my border collie was called katie even before she was born. I feel like a bad bunny mam for not being able to come up with names. thank you everyone for your help.

AlisonA
07-11-2005, 10:44 PM
Awww they are very cute. They look like a Brian and Timmy to me *nods*

Dawn&Leila
07-11-2005, 11:13 PM
Your bunnies are soooooooo adorable :love:

I have a list of names that I like in a little book, and when Leila came home it took me three days to decide on one! I chose Leila because of the meaning - dark beauty/dark as the night/born at night.. Depending on what website you're reading