• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

books

woodleyrabbit

Young Bun
Here I am again - have you read:

whisperer.jpg

rabbitlopedia.jpg

rabbit_nutrition.jpg

livingwithhouserabbit.jpg

I found them all knowledgable and useful :D

Does anyone have the veterinary book by Frances Harcourt-Brown (however that's spelt). I was thinking of asking Father Christmas for it, is it worth the money for a reasonably intelligent rabbit enthusiast? I know it's veterinary based but I reckon it might be quite interesting.

I think that the book by Frances Harcourt-Brown is the one donna-arc has, I am sure she said that it was very good, but expensive.

Janice

I've read rabbitlophedia, hop to it- how to train your rabbit, a collins guide to rabbits, the RSPCA guide, funny bunnies, the right way to raise rabbits and the house rabbit guide.

Felicity-Rabbit can recommend Frances Harcourt-Brown's Book! :lol: (Costs about £60 though!!) :shock: Jane and Buns xx
rabbits511.jpg

I didn't like the rabbit whisperer as i found some of the things in it were not accurate.

I liked Living with a house rabbit and 'Why does my rabbit?'

linnyloo said:
I didn't like the rabbit whisperer as i found some of the things in it were not accurate.

I've not read the Rabbit Whisperer, but having seen this thread, was thinking of buying it. Can you just give an example of the sort of thing you found to be inaccurate?

It's funny I don't often think about buying factual books these days, I usually just trot along to www.google.com from where I seem to be able to find out pretty much anything about anything!

AlisonA said:
linnyloo said:

I've not read the Rabbit Whisperer, but having seen this thread, was thinking of buying it. Can you just give an example of the sort of thing you found to be inaccurate?

well for one thing she states that rabbits can only jump 18inches....poppycock!!

She is a rabbit lover not an expert. IMO save your money for a 'proper' book. I bought it and was very disappointed.

Back