• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

please help

NIKKI

New Kit
Hi i let 3 of my buns out 2day all in their runs (the girls in 1) n a male in another wen i went out 2 check on them mufasa the male was in the girls run. they are old enuff 2b pregnant my main concern is that the girls (sisters) have always been 2geva iwud like them 2 stay 2geva but will seperate them if i must can they stay 2geva i heard (not sure if its true) thet guinea pigs will stay 2geva n even help each other nest n raise thier young is this the case with rabbits??

not sure if either are pregnant but want 2 be prepared !!!!!!!!!

I'd suggest booking both girls in for spaying over the next few days - that will prevent any pregnancy happening. Otherwise you could potentially have 16 (or more) baby rabbits to find homes for.

If you don't, females are territorial so I imagine you'd need to split them - there wouldn't be room for two litters of babies in a hutch anyway. Your going to need 5' or 6' hutches for each mum + litter, plus seperate hutches for when the boys in each litter need seperating :)

Might be a good idea to book the boy in for neutering now too :)

Tam

Agree 100% with Tamsin. Three buns are a lot to care for and if both girls are pregnant then you could end up with 19+ bunsters!! :shock: Having your girls spayed will also protect them from womb cancer when they are older. They will be less terratorial and hormonal so would probably be happy to live together :D . If I were you I would book all three buns in with the vet ASAP. Explain what happened and your vet will advise you on the best way forward. :D Jane and Buns xx

hi

just click on Nikki's profile and look at her previous posts! Some people never learn :shock:

i have to agree with everything that has already been said, apart from the fact that your boy must get very frustrated having girls around him not being neutered, he should be done has they may get out again together, and at least if they are all neutered they could live as a group.

i really think you need to think about getting them all neutered as you may have a lot of little ones on the way and it can be hard finding good homes for lots of baby buns.

sophie

Back