• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

north yorkshire newbie

desdi

Mama Doe
Ok I’ve done this the wrong way round and posted before introducing myself...

My name is Jodi and I live in North Yorkshire. I’ve had house rabbits for about 6 years now.

My first (Scribble) was a beautiful mini lop who I unfortunately had to leave with someone (long story) when I left Brighton to move up here. We then got Bump, again a beautiful mini lop (I can’t resist the ears) who chose to then bring home a little male dwarf we named Wicket one day after a trip to the wonderful Bunny Burrows.

Unfortunately living in a flat means I end up growing grass on my windowsill, however, the place has been carefully bunny proofed and so there is lots of room to run about in and I’m always on the look out for new toys – has anyone discovered the joys of the Cardboard Guy yet?

Evenings are usually spent (because it’s coming up to winter) with a fire on watching movies (Bump has a safe spot under the coffee table with a great view of the TV). My hubby and I always make sure we spend as much time as we can, giving Bump attention and playing games.

I’m always on the look-out for any good advice I can get on bunny care and would recommend to anyone to read the language of lagomorphs if you haven’t done so already. So if you do have any hints or tips then please let me know!

I’ve been reading the forum for a while now and would just like to say “hello” to everyone!

J.

:D hello and welcome to the forum your bunny sounds adorable hope to see some pictures of your bunnny soon he sounds like he has a great happy home

lisa

ok. not used this before so hope the images are not too big etc.

buns2.jpg

thats their favouriate tv spot. bump is at the front (the little lady) and wicket is at the back.

buns.jpg

the second pic is them wondernig if by looking cute they can have any herbs to munch, although it looks like bump has realised she's not going to get any and so is giving the grumpy look (she does that a lot when she doesnt get her own way)

wicket is unfortunately no longer with us and has gone to the bridge to blinky free.

hope the pix work

the cardboard guy's house is great. bump loves it.

i'm still waiting for her to go upstairs she seems to hide in it and then jump out at us.

Ours have a scuffle around for the best door place, more often that not there will be two heads sticking out of an opening.

Pickle has been upstairs once, but she's quite big and obviously felt it may not hold her weight!!!!

desdi said:
Loppyju said:
Hello and Welcome :wave:

Sorry to hear you lost Wicket :(

Bump looks like my Scooby :love:

wow. bump has a twin! i wonder if their personalities are alike...

Scooby and shadow are 5 month old French Lop Brothers.
Scooby and shadow are very chilled buns and always up to something, they're not that keen anymore on cuddles but love nose rubs :p
FlatScoob.jpg

loppyju - wow. that is the spitting image of bump (right down to the dirty paws! its nice to see another rabbit in the superman pose too. bump has such similar colouring too.

woodleyrabbit - i'm in harrogate - are you local?

Back