• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where did you get your rabbits from?

woodleyrabbit

Young Bun
Hi
I'm just interested in where people got their rabbits from? ie breeder/rescue etc and why you chose that particular rabbit :?:

Mikey came from a Petshop before i knew better. I rescued Buster from a man who was selling him at 4 weeks.
And Paisley was from the RSPCA

Scooby and Shadow came from a breeder before I knew better as well :oops: :oops:

I Wanted Giants but when my hubby saw one in the flesh he nearly pooped his pants :shock: so I came down a size to French Lops, I just Lurve Big Bunnies with Big Ears :p

midnight came from his prevous owner and peach to flick,misty and dusty came from a breeder droplet came from the cat and rabbit place and pheebee was rescued from her breeder the only suviour of 5

Ron and Ginny from a pet shop (certainly know better now) and red was from a breeder, and when we went to a rabbit show during the summer we actually saw red's brothers and sisters.

I would certainly rescue in future.

All my buns have been pre-owned :lol: :lol:
Alfie was from an ad in the supermarket.
Tufty and Honey - from RSPCA Milton Keynes
Hobo, Harmony & Azlan - from some mad woman in Rugby
Beau - RSPCA Worcester
Alfie, Tufty & Hobo are now at the bridge.

hi

Benny and his brother Pepsi (sadly deceased :( ) were from Cheryl's rescue (sprowston) - she took pity on me with my endless dithering, as I was hopeless at finding myself a rabbit :roll: lack of confidence I guess :oops:

The 5 girls were from Kirkby rescue, Notts, a week after Pepsi died - I was gutted at losing him after just 4 months and they needed a lot of space, which is what I had after Pepsi died! They certainly cheered me up too :)

I bought the guinea pigs from a breeder highlighted on here from the free ads - she was packing in breeding and selling the whole kit, hutches and the lot - I'm anti-breeding and took delight in stopping anyone else using my piggies as a money-spinner :twisted:

Was going to rehome them, but seem to have kept all bar one, who escaped my clutches and went to a new home in wheeek one of 'operation guinea pig rescue' :p

Nearly forgot Tia!! She's slotted in so easily and is so little trouble bless her - not on my sig yet either - from Bunnymadhouse in Barnsley :)

Bobby was from a petshop before i knew any better :oops:
Squidgy chose me! He was abandoned in my friend's next door neighbours garden, she rescued him and I said I'd look after him. What a surprise I got when this tiny bunny wiht huge teeth looked up at me. It was love at first sight!
Nougat (now atb)was from HARA rescue. I saw her on RR and if I'm going to rescue a bunny, I take home the one I originally wanted, otherwise i feel i've let them down :oops:
Same with Ruby. She's from kirkby pet welfare, saw her on RR, and although there were lots of gorgeous bunnies there, I had to have Ruby. The fact she'd been there for more than 2 years helped make my mind up greatly too.
The piggies were given to me by someone who'd inadvertently got a boy and girl and had babies. I got the boys!

i got chicken from a petshop in town shes a lionhead
and then i heard that a different pet shop was selling lionheads so i thought id go and have a look and thats were a got elvis from
and then fluffy was one of the babies from chicken and elvis and well her name says it all she looks huge but its just all fur

/

One of my permanents, Rufus, was an anniversary pressie from my hubby..from a garden centre...he knows better now! All my others are rescues , one of mine from the mad woman in Rugby too!....(Julie did say it 1st Tracy! :lol: )and I now run a rescue myself and have joined the ranks of the insane!:D

i rescued p-bunny from a neighbour who was into drugs and was not looking after him but i had to buy him. :?

my other 3 are from rspca rescue .

i chose rescue because of the info and influence of peeps on here.

Beatrix - Stapley water gardens

Marley - RSPCA Walsal

Bob 2 by 2 pet shop, he had problems and was un-sale-able

Maisie RSPCA Walsal

Zippy lady off rabbits in need (moving house)

Scooby lady off rabbits in need (moving house)

Kovu Rexy Bexy

Sharon Kirkby rescue, Notts

Ozzy Kirkby rescue, Notts

Bramble Kirkby rescue, Notts

Thistle Kirkby rescue, Notts

Buster from my vets (gypsy bunny)

Pippin RSPCA Walsal

Slayer/Iceman Little Critters

i got daisy and maisy from nottingham small pet rescue and my first bunny patch i got from a friend

Panzy came from my neighbour she bought a pregnant doe from a market as she couldnt bare the thougt of what could happen to her and the babies. The doe gave birth to 6 three died and three lived ... We chose Panzy as he was just soooooo cute!

Bernard and Binky came from my neighbour too, she let panzy's sister have one lot of babies ... she had 7 we had two my friend had one and she kept the other four!

Blossom and Bramble ... we came across this adorable pair right here on Rabbit Rehome ..... they were from the worcester RSPCA

My first 2 bunnies when I was 11 came from a breeder. Next was Bugly, she came from a friend of mine who didn't like her.

When I was an adult, I first got Fluffybunny from someone who loved him but had no time for him since having a baby. Minnie-the-Minx, Timmy, Mrs Trippy, Harry, Miss Daisy and Heather all came from rescue centres, and Dudley came from a freead "free to a good home" and I figured that I had a better chance of knowing what constituted a good home than she did, so I took him in with the intention of rehoming him but...ummm...he seems to have stayed and hopefully will be getting a rescue centre girlfriend very soon!

Alfie was brought by my sister from a petshop - before I had anything to do with rescues. Gypsy was from Bobtails, she hitched a lift when Pie and Mash stayed the night on their way from there up to Scotland :D

Tam

Pippa came from the pet shop I used to work at (had been in there 4 weeks, nobody wanted her cos she had big ears + a small body!).

Amy from a friend in Bournemouth whose house mates had brought her as a b'day pressie and didn't want her 2 months later!

And Princess came from the Blue Cross where I work, cos she had cancer + couldn't be rehomed (was a foster but turned into a forever bunny :))

Nicola

ready! :lol: :lol:

Bracken and bebe: from a pet shop
damakinos: was dumped in box outside a shop
6 rabbits: i breed and kept
flopsey: also from a p/shop but they threatened to pts if i didnt take him
kymber: from someone on here that couldnt handle him
Bertie: another forum member
boeing: forum again
Valentine:via rr from woodgreen animal shelters
flora:via rr from Heathlands animal rescue
Hag and hermonie: a dreadful breeder