• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

THICK? photo today

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
Had a bun brought in today this was some of the conversation i had with its owner

my daughter doesnt want it anymore , she didnt bother with it after the first couple of weeks.

ok ..is it a boy or a girl and has it been neutered?

i think its a boy ..or it could be a girl ..i think it was neutored before we got it.

so..did you get it from a rescue (confused look) ..was it from a pet shop?

yes , how can you tell?

i cant tell, im just asking. it wont be neutored then if it was from a pet shop.

why , dont they do that?

errrr no. how old did you say it was?

erm i think about 6 months .

so was it a baby when you got it?

oh no ..it was about 8 weeks i think.

(got the out to put him in a hutch) oh dear!

oh yes he has a problem with his teeth . but hes fed regular , has the run of the garden and i keep clipping his teeth.

(At this point i just wanted a signature on the hand over form so i could get this poor little bun sorted .his teeth were on the way to resembling Wallys.)

did i mention needing a donation?

(pats down pockets) ohh dear ..didnt realise sorry got nothing on me ...ill post it!

ILL SAY NO MORE! :evil: :evil:

omg thats crazy.. they didnt even bother to find out anything about their bunny when they bought it!! :evil: :evil: :evil: Thank goodness they brought it to you.. at least it will be ok now. By the way Jill.. what are Wally teeth?

/

Yes it's so hard dealing with these situations but in the end all you have to do is get the rabbit from these ignorant people :evil:
Also hard dealing with people who don't understand you actually run a rescue at great personal cost..they seem to think you can take in other people's problems willy nilly and also just give the rabbits away when they are fit and well! ("Well you got it for nothing didn't you?!") :evil:
But well done for getting this little one..please keep us updated on it's progress !

Honeybunny said
Yes it's so hard dealing with these situations but in the end all you have to do is get the rabbit from these ignorant people
Also hard dealing with people who don't understand you actually run a rescue at great personal cost..they seem to think you can take in other people's problems willy nilly and also just give the rabbits away when they are fit and well! ("Well you got it for nothing didn't you?!")

Many seem to think they are doing you a favour by giving you animals for free, they complain bitterly about having to spend time and money giving them the care that they have given and don't show any appreciation for the fact you have taken them in.

This was an email I got about a month ago from a man requesting me to take in his pigs
hi, would you be interested in taking 2 female guinepigs off my hands! they are both sisters and ginger and white! both 2 and half years old! wouldnt expect any money, they are just becoming a cost and handful to look after! one has a small fatty lump which was removed before! but they are both in good health!
regards!
I never got these as he couldn't be bothered to bring them to me, at the time I had 46 piggies in and 13 rabbits, I offered to collect them however he would not for some reason give me his address or phone number.

Just shows the mentality you have to deal with, fortuntely this forum reminds you that there are some nice pet owners about :D

Janice

hi

No I definitely couldn't run a rescue - not only would I want to keep all the animals, I have rather a sharp tongue and don't suffer fools at all :?

I guess screaming into a pillow after they've dumped their pets might help? :shock:

With some people it is better to keep quiet, rather than say what you really think and at least get the animals into a safe enviroment, rather than upset them and they take them away.

Some people may not agree about that, but at the end of the day we are about helping rehome animals who are in need.

Janice

I totally agree with you, Janice, byut I don't think I could! I am in great admiration of those who run rescues, not only because of the wonderful care you give the animals, but because of the idiots that you have to meet in the process!

decided to call him Munchkin . hes a little brown lop .
took him to the vets last night and had his teeth clipped but might need them removing depending how fast they grow back.

wasnt eating at first but he is now so not overly worried . must not have been able to eat properly for a while as he is a bit thin . he has a lovely shiny coat though and otherwise seems fine.

He is deffinatly a he and is deffinatly not neutered !

Sorry folks no photo yet . will try and get one tommorrow.

Angie

:evil: :evil: I feel the need to go find a very big shotgun and hunt down all the b***** ignorant idiots who waste space on this planet!! :evil: :evil: Jane and Buns xx

I just don't get people...it's like,

So...this is your daughter?

Well...yes. I think. She might be a boy though. I'm not sure.

So, how old is...she?

Er...8, maybe 9. Actually, wait, she might be 10. It's hard to keep track, y'know.

Gah, don't people realise when they get a domestic animal it is DEPENDENT on them? God, so THICK.

I have so much admiration for people who run rescues. It is best to keep your mouth shut for the sake of the animal, but it must be SO hard.

.....Bloomin' well said IM!!! :D Some people are so stupid I am amazed they reach adulthood at all..... :lol: We 'rescuers' may not be able to SAY anything to some of the imbiciles we deal with but OMG no-one can stop what we are THINKING!! :evil: :evil: :evil: Jane and Buns xx

Back