• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

goodbye little chief

desdi

Mama Doe
our wonderful little chief, wicket passed over on monday 24th october.

wicket was a wonderful little man and its taken me this long to feel strong enough to tell you about him. he leaves behind bump, a very beautiful mini lop and he will be missed.

wicket was a rescue bunny and met with bump 2 1/2 years ago. it was love at first sight and they touched noses as soon as they met. after that time they were always together, wicket was always looking out for bump by cleaning her and dragging out hay from the litter tray so she could have a snack while they snuggled watching tv with us.

he was a wondeful character and everyone who met him fell in love with him. he would always follow me to the kitchen to beg for herbs and would let me know when it was time for tea.

wicket was a good looking little man. depending on the season his coat would change from blue grey to brown grey. he was a handsome netherland dwarf with up ears and huge brown eyes.

for the last few weeks we could tell he wasnt right, he was clingy, didnt seem to make it to the litter tray in time and lost weight. it turns out he was suffering from a kidney complaint which meant the calcium had built up on his bones and was causing pain.

we had a wonderful last weekend with us and was treated to all his favourite treats and extra love but we couldnt bear the thought of him being in pain. making that decision was the hardest think we've ever had to do. we held him and told him we loved him.

we still sing the songs we made up for him and we will never forget our kawaii little chief - wicket.

jodi.

Wicket sounds like a wonderful bunny who was much loved. It was a very brave decision to make, but the best one for him. He's in no pain now and is running free at the bridge.
Binky free Wicket. Hugs to you jodi, and snuggles to little Bump.

You have shown Wicket how very much you love him by allowing him to pass peacefully over The Bridge. A couple of hours ago I had to do the same for Jill, my beloved Castor Rex. I can truely empathise with the pain your loss is causing. Binky Free Wicket. You are now over the Bridge and restored to full health. Jane and Buns xx

thank you for your kind words.

jane, i'm sorry that you too had to make the decision for jill, it is truely heart breaking (i've just read your thread). because wicket had free run of the house i still look for him and i know bump does the same.

i love the thought of rainbow bridge and hope that wicket meets up with some of the wonderful friends that are waiting over there.

i'll pass on your best wishes to bump too.

many thanks again.

jodi.

Oh no - another one passed over the bridge :cry: so many at the moment.

Its the hardest and one of the most loving decisions you can make.

He's now in no pain - and is probably bouncing around over the bridge.

Hold on to those happy memories.

Sleep tight Wicket - and say hello to Jaro for us.

Take care

Martin + Pam

Jodi ..it was the best thing and an act of love for Wicket. Now strong and healthy at Rainbow Bridge...binky free

thanks again for your wonderful words

i just wanted to share with you that i've heard of another rabbit today. my friend has two rabbits (bonnie & clyde) and last night clyde went to the bridge.

bonnie was nudging him and they dont know when it might have happened or what might have caused it as he has not been unwell.

is it something in the air right now?

blinkie free clyde and i hope you manage to meet up with wicket.

sorry i think i confuzzled you. bonnie will not be living with us. she's in diss nr norwich and i'm in north yorks.

hehe. never mind.

gosh. not sure i could take the pain of having two make their way to the bridge

Back