• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please can I see piccies of your indoor & outdoor set-up

norrielian

Mama Doe
Hi

We are planning on moving house (upsizing) in the New Year and I can't decide what to do with the bunnies. If I have enough room I think I'd like to bring them indoors so I can spend even more time with them or if this isn't possible, maybe a shed with attached run set-up rather than their current hutch set-up.

Please can I see piccies of your set-ups to give me ideas.

Their current set-up is below, which was built for Dillon on his own, but now that Pippa has moved in, I feel they need somewhere bigger:
LianspetsMay2005011.jpg

Thanks
Lian x :D

They look like they have a fair amount of room there but only if they get the run of the garden too.

I don't have a pic but i have a jumbo double delux with attached run from hop-and-hutch which is really spacious and very well made, my bun also gets the run of the house and the garden.

However, i would prefer a shed with a run attached which i can't do unfortunately because its my boyfriends flat and he wasn't happy with the idea - BUT when we buy our house i will have a great big shed and a run and there is nothing he can say :lol:

cute buns by the way!

Bonnie x

Alfie kennedy said:
They look like they have a fair amount of room there but only if they get the run of the garden too.

I don't have a pic but i have a jumbo double delux with attached run from hop-and-hutch which is really spacious and very well made, my bun also gets the run of the house and the garden.

However, i would prefer a shed with a run attached which i can't do unfortunately because its my boyfriends flat and he wasn't happy with the idea - BUT when we buy our house i will have a great big shed and a run and there is nothing he can say :lol:

cute buns by the way!

Bonnie x

Thanks Bonnie, yes they do get the run of the garden as much as possible, mornings before work, evenings and weekends, but I'm concerned about the size during winter and dark nights as I don't like them out in the dark with living in the country, call me a paranoid bunny owner but I'm frightened that owls or foxes will get them!

Your best bet Lian would be a shed, and you could attached a run with a cloasble cat flap so at night time you could shut them up securley X

We made our outside run out of wooden frames and wire mesh, on paving slabs. There is another panel with mesh underneath the bark pit. It's 9' x 6' and 3' high, with two hutches inside, a 'shelf' for them to sit on various hay racks and toys.
bunnyrun2.jpg

bunnyrun.jpg

We've added a temporary run too, so they can have a run around the grass during the day.
run.jpg

:D
The right hand third of the roof lifts up, then the side panel folds down.

Phill said:
Your best bet Lian would be a shed, and you could attached a run with a cloasble cat flap so at night time you could shut them up securley X

This does sound a good option. My indoor cats have a small run at the mo, see below, which I intend to replace with a proper shed/dog kennel run for them when we move so I could use this for the bunnies and attach it to a shed. Do you have bunnies that are trained to use catfaps?
Thanks Phill

LianspetsMay2005020.jpg

OUr run is great for the bunnies, but I think a shed is definitely a good option, as cleaning the run can be quite a cold job on winter mornings!

We have adapted a storage shed for Hobbes and Phoebe. There is a hole in the side so they have access into the run on the side at all times. The roof of the run is heat resistant to keep them cool in summer. It also lifts up so I can get inside it to clean up all the poo!
They have a big litter tray in it and lino on the floor so it can be wiped clean.
Next spring we are thinking of making a hole in one of the doors with wire mesh over it as it may get to warm in there.

shed.jpg

insideshed.jpg

My four have an 8ft x 5ft shed with a catflap - intention is to have a permanent run attached but I haven't got round to laying the extra slabs yet. They do have the run of the garden though when it is light when someone is home.

There is a hutch in the shed that they all snuggle into on cold nights
Image19.jpg

There are lots of boxes etc to keep them amused.
Image06.jpg

And litter trays where the hay munching goes on.
Harmonyhay.jpg

Plus boxes for them to hide in.
Image08.jpg

Or just sit on
72495d87.jpg

And a stable door so they can peek out when the piggies are over wintering in there.
Image05.jpg

You can see the cat flap on this one (plus the built in burrow in the garden)
04a45c0e.jpg

Spoiled - my buns? Never :lol:

Wow, what a setup, just love the tunnel underground. That's given me some great ideas thanks. I really didn't think my rabbits would use a catflap but yours obviously do so will give it a go.
Lian xx

norrielian said:
Wow, what a setup, just love the tunnel underground. That's given me some great ideas thanks. I really didn't think my rabbits would use a catflap but yours obviously do so will give it a go.
Lian xx

I wedged the catflap open at first - to let them get the idea, they now open it themselves if it is unlocked.

Here's Honey about to come through.
c0043cec.jpg

BirdieBun said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: honey has a chubby mouth she is real sweet can I have her? :D

Looks can be deceptive :lol: :lol:

To be honest she has mellowed with age and since her spay - she used to be a proper little madam and she would often attack my hubby's ankles - would regularly draw blood - one bite was so bad he had to have a tetanus :lol:

Back