• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

we have a situation.

lady spudly

Warren Scout
we have had to seperate the 2 dutches from the bonded pair, as we found a few bites on p-bunny :(

but the 2 dutches seem to be getting on ok at the moment.

now cadberry the big male lop has got very loose motion not excactly diahorrea but squashy.

we have changed the beding for them and the big lop male looks a bit under the weather, i am wondering if it has all been to much for him as i do suspect he is quite an old fellow. do you have any advice for me please?

debbie.

hi

He's most likely been distracted from eating his caecal poops by all the commotion going on around him - I occasionally find poops left on the floor in the shed, presumably because my girls are always noseying and generally unsettling each other whenever someone tries to take a nap :roll:

Bonding is very stressful for rabbits, especially on top of going to a new home, change of food/bedding - I guess if he gets worse, take him to the vets, but if he's eating and drinking and moving around OK, rather than huddled up looking miserable, then he will get over it in time - Bearing in mind a trip to the vets is also very stressful for them :?

Poor Pbunny getting bitten too - make sure when it's healed that it doesn't turn lumpy under the skin, as an abscess could form later.

Bonding bunnies is a bit of a nightmare - I'm useless at it and chicken out every time :)

many thanks for the advice peeps, p-bunnies lump has gon sown and he has a small scab there now.

all i wanted was some happie bunnies, ahhh well at least he has a friend and i now have 2 pairs. :)

i dont know what i would do with out you good folks. :D

Back