• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Faking it!!!!!

deb

Young Bun
Twice today i've stuck my head outside to check on the buns only to find Malfoy on his back with legs up in the air motionless, i rush out in the rain slippers on and as i rush in Malfoy jumps up and gives me a look saying 'YOU made ME jump'.
While i'm here does anyone know if rabbits can be jealous?. Malfoy and dandie are 12 week old brothers, Dandie is a lionhead so his mane needs brushing, but when ever i brush him, Malfoy will put his head on top of Dandie so i have to brush him if i try and keep him away by putting my arm in front of him he'll pull on my top with his teeth. If i'm sat on the floor and Dandies on my lap Malfoy will jump up and sit on top of poor Dandie, i've never seen a rabbit behave like this.
DEB
buns.jpg

Hiya. Sounds like the babies are sorting out the heirarchy!! :shock: Head grooming is the job of the submissive bun. Top bun shoves head at submissive bun (or two-foot!!) in a 'groom me NOW manner) :lol: So Malfoy is thinking...'ang on :? I am top bun so if two foot is grooming Dandi's head then that means two foot is submissive to Dandi. :shock: Soooooo I had better order two-foot to groom me too cos two-foot is DEFINATELY not above me :lol: :lol: JCO and Buns xx

aaawww they are gorgeous!!! Simba gets a bit jealous if i am grooming Nala and he will nip my arm if i ignore him. As JCO says i guess its there way of saying oi what about me!

JCO said:
Hiya. Sounds like the babies are sorting out the heirarchy!! :shock: Head grooming is the job of the submissive bun. Top bun shoves head at submissive bun (or two-foot!!) in a 'groom me NOW manner) :lol: So Malfoy is thinking...'ang on :? I am top bun so if two foot is grooming Dandi's head then that means two foot is submissive to Dandi. :shock: Soooooo I had better order two-foot to groom me too cos two-foot is DEFINATELY not above me :lol: :lol: JCO and Buns xx
Thanks for that, think you could be right they are exactly 12 weeks old today and Malfoy has been mounting :shock: Dandie all afternoon. Dandie seems happy to be the submissive one and no fighting at the moment.
Deb.

oh yes bunnies can be jealous . spent 12 months trying to get nemo to sit on my knee but he woudnt .
had hope on my knee other night and nemo jumped on sofa beside me .he got quite agessive so had to put hope back in her cage to stop her getting hurt . when i sat back on the sofa nemo jumped straight up on my knee and demanded grooming. :shock:

If I fuss either bun the other one comes running over and head butts me until I fuss them as well, so yes I'd say they get jealous. Charlie is 6 and has lived with us all of his life and has some habits like sitting on my lap, where as Lavender has only lived with us for 7 months and won't jump on the furniture - so when Charlie is sat on my lap she sits on the opposite side of the room giving me evil :evil: stare until I go over and fuss her!

Both Malfoy and Dandie are gorgeous. :D

Back