• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Omlet eglu

I think they're ok but for that sort of money you could buy an entire shed and attach a massive run to it! Not quite as aesthetically pleasing maybe but certainly better for the bunnies.

if they took about 2/3 off the price I would be tempted, they are lovely and I think would be kinda cool in the house

I Think they look fab ... but agree they are too pricey. My buns have the whole of a 8x6 shed with an attached 10x8 run .. and it all came to about £200 ... so I would certainly go for the shed again as it wins hands down for space everytime!

I hope that they will start to turn up in freeads and ebay soon..REALLY cheap...think I am deluding myself though :roll: :lol:

I guess they do allow the rabbit to display it's natural instincts.. I just wish the enclosed but was a bit bigger ...and that it was cheaper :lol:

I think if I had one i'd be worried about foxes, even though it does say it's fox-proof
But I'm just a worrier :wink:

They are SO overpriced. They look pretty nifty, but, like everyone said, I think there are cheaper alternative that are just as good for the bunny. If money was no object, I'd have one though, becuase they just look fab.

I think it looks really tiny. Can't believe they're saying that amount if living space is good for 3 medium size bunnies.

I have the hen egloo so when the rabbit one came out afew months ago i looked into buying it but decided against it. It looked a bit to small for my bunnies, their run at the moment is way bigger than the egloo one plus i wouldn't feel right locking in them in there at night. If i had smaller bunnies i might get it as it seems easy to clean and would be warm for them in the winter but i felt that my bunnies wouldn't have enough space in there. I'm not against it tho as it's great for my hens, keeps their living space clean and keeps them safe while in their run and warm in the winter.

I think they're much too small, and you could get something so much bigger for the same amount of money. For £350 you could a 10' x 6' shed for that!
I think if you're going for aesthetically pleasing, animals aren't a great idea anyway as they're guaranteed to keep pooing and peeing on your garden for many years to come!

I like the look of them but I'd be really scared it would get stolen from the garden at that price!!

Have to agree with you there Alfie Kennedy. I was wodering just how Fox-Proof the run is and wouldn't the house bit get very hot in summer it being plastic. :? As for the price..... :shock: :shock: JCO xx

i still think it looks too small for the amount of money it costs. I wouldn't like my bunny to be looked in that plastic thing all night either!

I am not a fan of plastic myself. To me, wood wins hands down.

For a start, it is not as long-lasting. Urine can be very damaging to plastic, so if you have a tidy bun who wees in one corner but you don't use a litter tray that will cause a fair amount of damage. Also, plastic (believe it or not) decays faster than wood initially. Wood will rot, but that takes a long time. Plastic will become brittle, especially with exposure to direct sunlight, and will crack and break.

Secondly, the temperature issues. As people have said, unless you can avoid sunlight it will get far too warm in the summer when a good solid hutch wouldn't. Also, in the winter plastic would get condensation on the inside resulting in the rabbit having nowhere dry to hide from the cold... bring on the pneumonia! Eep :?

And I won't start on the price...

Cat

Back