• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

found a rabbit...update

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
i know this is a long shot but we had a lovely bun brought in as a stray last week and some one must be devastated at losing it.

the bun was found in Wombwell, Barnsley.
If you have lost a bun in that area or know some one who has please pm me with a description . i would love to reunite it with its owners.

Angie

Hi Angie

Make sure that you put posters up around the place.

Don't say what the rabbit looks like on the poster, just say when/where it was found. This means that when someone phones up to say it is their rabbit you can ask what it looks like to make sure it is actually theirs. Every rabbit I've found in my area (quite a few!) has been an escaped pet, not a dump, so it's worth it!

Cat.

I'd also like to make a similar plea.

Hedge End (Southampton) area near the M&S / Sainsbury's shopping area, a black rabbit was spotted quite near to the road edge. I wanted to try and befriend the animal and take it to a rescue centre, but my family reckoned it would be too dangerous, I just hope the bunny has been returned it's rightful owner safely :roll:

That reminds me. A couple of years ago my sister and I were driving back to my house on the busy road into my town. A bunny was on the kerb. We stopped and followed it back into a drive of a house and into the back garden, all open, no walls/fence etc. Quite a large detached house.
We rang the doorbell and a lady answered. We told her that the rabbit was right on the road edge. To my amazement she said that yes, it would be, it's free to go where it choosed, and 'if it wants to get itself run over that's up to the it'. My sister and I were agog. The door was then shut in our face. The lady didn't shout, just said it matter of factly. to think that a rabbit would 'want' to get run over!
Some people are just thick.

despite putting up posters , putting a notice in the local paper and on local radio no one came forward for the bun . We named him Flapjack (he was on the RR site). He has now gone to a new home and i am informed he is snuggling nicely with his new girlfriend.

Angie

bunnymadhouse said:
despite putting up posters , putting a notice in the local paper and on local radio no one came forward for the bun . We named him Flapjack (he was on the RR site). He has now gone to a new home and i am informed he is snuggling nicely with his new girlfriend.

Angie
lovely happy ending

bunnymadhouse said:

Angie

awww sounds lovely
we have a mini rex called flapjack :D

Have you put them on the Lost & found on RR, I emailed the info of a bun that was brought into me last week to Tam,

tomjacob said:
That reminds me. A couple of years ago my sister and I were driving back to my house on the busy road into my town. A bunny was on the kerb. We stopped and followed it back into a drive of a house and into the back garden, all open, no walls/fence etc. Quite a large detached house.
We rang the doorbell and a lady answered. We told her that the rabbit was right on the road edge. To my amazement she said that yes, it would be, it's free to go where it choosed, and 'if it wants to get itself run over that's up to the it'. My sister and I were agog. The door was then shut in our face. The lady didn't shout, just said it matter of factly. to think that a rabbit would 'want' to get run over!

I'm sorry.. but what on earth?!?!!?!?!

Grrr!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

*Red* said:
tomjacob said:

Some people just really do amaze me at times

Back