• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bracken in over night at vets!!! serious! SHES GONE!

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
my poor bracken is in over night at the vets, she is badly dehydtrated (sp?) and her the upper part of her stomach doesnt feel right to the vet, she is not sure if she is impacted! :cry: :cry: they are keeping her in and putting her on a drip, but said she is about 10% dehydrated so they are not sure if she is gonna make it :cry: :cry: :cry: i have left dami with her and they said if she gets through the night they will do some xrays and bloods in the morning.

i know she needs to be on a drip but there is no one at the vets overnight what happens if she takes a turn, i just want to cry :cry: :cry: :cry:

she was alright this morning eating and by tea time she was still e\ting but not as alert, so i took her to the vets.

PLEASE SEND HEALING VIBES, i cant lose her, i just cant! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Eve x

Aww hope she is better soon! You did the right thing leaving her at the vets, if she is that dehydrated then a drip is the only way they can replace the fluids quickly enough. I am sure someone wil go in to check on her during the night. I've got me fingers crossed for her.

Sending love and healing vibes from all of us here. Come on Bracken, you can do it.

aawww poor Bracken. At least she has Dami for company. Fingers crossed she improves by the morning

yer i am so pleased they let damaskinos stay with her, as they were a bit worried that he would chew through her drip but they said they will sort something out.

this is awlful i cant stop shaking, i am so stressed i cant bear to lose her.

how do people cop when they lose them? i have only lost one other and i cried for three days solid,

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

..there's bound to be a Veterinary Nurse on the premises overnight. Bracken is in the best place and the fluids will really help support her vital organs. All my buns (32!!) send Mega healing vibes and am hoping you receive some positive news in the morning. JCO and Buns xx

JCO said:
..there's bound to be a Veterinary Nurse on the premises overnight. Bracken is in the best place and the fluids will really help support her vital organs. All my buns (32!!) send Mega healing vibes and am hoping you receive some positive news in the morning. JCO and Buns xx

no i asked and there isnt a vn ovenight thers no one! :cry: but i couldnt bring her home b/c of the drip!

..well,she has her bunster friend who will be a great comfort and the fluids are really important. Let's keep absolutely EVERYTHING crossed that what your vet felt in Brackens abdomen will pass through her overnight. I have had several buns who have had what feels like the most horrendous mass in their guts yet with medication and fluids things have worked their way through and the buns have been ok. Please keep us posted. Be well by morning Bracken!! JCO xx

JCO said:
..well,she has her bunster friend who will be a great comfort and the fluids are really important. Let's keep absolutely EVERYTHING crossed that what your vet felt in Brackens abdomen will pass through her overnight. I have had several buns who have had what feels like the most horrendous mass in their guts yet with medication and fluids things have worked their way through and the buns have been ok. Please keep us posted. Be well by morning Bracken!! JCO xx

she is not sure if it is impaction she said her upper gut didt feel right? but she is giving her metacholromide and some oother stuff, my brains like jelly at the mo,
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: but thank for your thoughts

Eve i ahve just seen this. I have everything crossed for you and Bracken. All the bunnies here send noserubs for her.
you take care

Oh Eve - I'm so sorry that Bracken is unwell :( I can see that she needs the fluids but I can't understand why there is no-one there overnight.
We are sending loads and loads of healing and positive vibes to her - come on Bracken - be a good girl and get better darling - xxxx

.....vet probably gave Bracken some pain relief too. As Bracken was still eating this morning you have caught the prob' really early which gives Bracken the best possible chance. With impactation/stasis fluids are a crucial part of treatment so by you getting Bracken to the vets quickly you have done absolutely everything you can for her. Bracken is safe/warm and on all the right treatment. Big hugs to you!! JCO xx

JCO said:
.....vet probably gave Bracken some pain relief too. As Bracken was still eating this morning you have caught the prob' really early which gives Bracken the best possible chance. With impactation/stasis fluids are a crucial part of treatment so by you getting Bracken to the vets quickly you have done absolutely everything you can for her. Bracken is safe/warm and on all the right treatment. Big hugs to you!! JCO xx

thanks i need um! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I do hope Bracken improves overnight and is a lot better in the morning. Big hugs to you and the buns

Janice

Back