• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Can you recommend a clipper to trim my long haired angora

bunnyhop

New Kit
Hi
Can anyone recommend a good pet clipper to shave/trim my angora bunny. His coat is generally in very good condition, but in the summer he did have to visit the vets to have some matted lumps shaved off, which have now grown back beautifully, but he has now got a few lumps under his chin which I find hard to brush which I am a bit scared to cut with scissors. He tends to attack the comb when trying to get to this area and puts his head down so can't reach his chest, hence the knots.

I know one lady on here kept her long-haired bunnies coat tangle-free by giving him a trim now and then...any advice as to what equipment, brand or style is best, or indeed the best way to trim him with clippers.

I would say if you can trim them if he will lie on his back put his ears between your knees and hold him that way tightly and he will moreorless become comatose and it works really well I tend to do that with one I have living wiht me, but I do sit on the floor so if they wriggle free then they can't hurt theirselves

elaine

I've been told clippers are pretty useless for angoras as they just can't cope with the fur unless you get the vet grad ones. A pair of sissors might work better especially if you trim regularly :)

Tam

Emailed a few companies...and am even more confused about what is best now.
One site suggested the Pro Series clipper at £54.99..not sure if there were being honest or just going for an expensive one. They did give me a much cheaper option but said it was inferior
If anyone else uses one which does work can you please let me know..don't want to go to a lot of expense if they are no usue on the fur. The one at the vets worked ok though -will try and ask them.

hmmm... my vets has suggested that I get a clipper for my fluffy 2, so now I'm in a dilemma over what to get too!!! :?

I called the vet, but they said they don't use a particulat brans..but just use a Remmington one st the moment - they said as long as it was a good branded make and not the cheapest of the cheap, they are fine....I am going to try one and see how I get on and will let you know...

I got my clippers for shaving underneath the buns who get dirty bums, my Vet was using the ones I got and they are quieter than normal clippers and they fit in the palm of your hand. The company is called Paddock Perfection they do allsorts of clippers.

Back