• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Time on Posts

You can go into your profile and change the time option to GMT-1 to get the correct time on posts.

HS said:
You can go into your profile and change the time option to GMT-1 to get the correct time on posts.

Done! Its alright now! I didn't realise that I could change it myself, I thought it was a forum problem or something!

Aren't we on GMT now - not GMT-1. usually have it set on GMT+1 for summer time and GMT for winter.
Is this wrong?

That's what I was thinking! But it says the right time on mine now! It was two hours ahead when the clocks went back!

Why is the time when I log on 2 hrs in front and when I log out the forum is 3 hrs in front?!!
My profile is set to GMT, and the time on my computer is right.

I use GMT-1. I seem to recall it's something to do with the server hosting the forum is in Belgium or somewhere on the continent, so it is working on GMT+1 while we are on GMT, putting the forum time an hour ahead, which means that for us to get the correct time, our profiles have to be set to GMT-1, if you see what I mean...

:lol: :lol: Well to me Alison, it said you posted that message "Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:11 pm" :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: Its only 11,35 now! ROFLOL! :lol: :lol:

<methinks I need to check the time setting in my profile> :shock: :lol:

loopylop said:
:lol: :lol: Well to me Alison, it said you posted that message "Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:11 pm" :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: Its only 11,35 now! ROFLOL! :lol: :lol:

Yes!! when I read the post it said 2.11, then when I logged in says 1.11!! :lol:

Need to play about with the settings in my profile too I think!! :lol:

My time was wrong again! Changed it on my profile, am now GMT-2! I know I live in the westcounty, but this is silly! I'm not that far away from Greenwich!

Funny you should mention that, Anna. After being all smug with myself for my reply earlier, I looked at the post times and realised they were an hour in advance again. I must have made it GMT-1 before the clocks went back :lol: :lol: :lol:

So yes, mine is now also set to GMT-2 and is now vaguely correct. Apologies for confusing people with duff information earlier :oops:

Mine is set to GMT but the posts are an hour ahead for me!

As a small protest: We are on GMT and GMT is GMT wherever you are in the world we set the 0 at Greenwich for all the world timezones!

Therefore there is something wrong with the forum software as GMT is the 0 and Belgium should set their own forums to GMT+1. Even though it is hosted in Belgium if we set our profiles to GMT the time should be correct! I have been on places hosted in American and the forum times are correct if you set your profile to GMT!

There mini-rant over!

Caz

Right, mine is set to Gmt - 2 and the time is right! Whether it should be that or not, the time is right so I'm sticking to that!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back